Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,237

    Loose cassette hub on a set of Mavic Ksyrium SL's, how to fix?

    I was cleaning my road bike last night and trying to find where I was betting a bit of noise from my drive train. I noticed the cassette on the hub of my 04 Mavic Ksyrium SL's was a bit loose. Turns out the cassette hub itself is a bit loose. I messed around with it a bit last night and could not figure out how to tighten the cassette hub.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    I can remove to non-drive side parts, but the parts on the drive side (where the allen key is inserted) I could not remove?

    Thanks for any help,
    KMan
    Last edited by KMan; 05-28-2004 at 09:24 AM.

  2. #2
    a legend in his own mind
    Reputation: mtnpedaler.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I was cleaning my road bike last night and trying to find where I was betting a bit of noise from my drive train. I noticed the cassette on the hub of my 04 Mavic Ksyrium SL's was a bit loose. Turns out the cassette hub itself is a bit loose. I messed around with it a bit last night and could not figure out how to tighten the cassette hub.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    I can remove to non-drive side parts, but the parts on the drive side (where the allen key is inserted) I could not remove?

    Thanks for any help,
    KMan
    Here ya go. It's a CrossMax but you get the idea. You should have got one of these tire tools with each wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I think this is the worst thing you've ever done Homer."
    "Oh Marge you say that so much it has no meaning."

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,237

    Larry, does that tighten a "loose" drive side cassette hub?

    I didn't get the tool, but I used a make shift tool to tighten that.
    I thought that just tighten the bearings. Does it affect the cassette hub shell as well?

    KMan


    Quote Originally Posted by mtnpedaler.com
    Here ya go. It's a CrossMax but you get the idea. You should have got one of these tire tools with each wheel.

  4. #4
    a legend in his own mind
    Reputation: mtnpedaler.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I didn't get the tool, but I used a make shift tool to tighten that.
    I thought that just tighten the bearings. Does it affect the cassette hub shell as well?

    KMan
    A pin spanner tool will work. Yes it what holds everything together.
    "I think this is the worst thing you've ever done Homer."
    "Oh Marge you say that so much it has no meaning."

  5. #5
    Professional Slacker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    970

    ?

    -Rich
    Last edited by richde; 06-20-2004 at 07:40 AM. Reason: to remove incorrect info

Similar Threads

  1. Cassette loose on the hub
    By Ratt in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:57 PM
  2. XTR hub or Mavic Crossmax Hub?
    By windsplitter in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •