Coyotes do make good pets
    Jan 2006

New question here. Looking for higher volume equivalent of Nokian Boazobeana F

I have ridden the Nokian Boazobeana F for some time now, but a buddy convinced me I needed a higher volume tire up front (which was true). I rode a Geax Sedona 2.25 (they're huge) up front today, and slid out bad on a downhill hairpin I usually have no problem with. The Boazobeana F always hooked up perfectly, if traction was within the realm of possibility. It's a 2.1, though, and too small for the bigger rocks here. The Boaz rolls fast, too.

I ride tight, twisting, hilly Sonoran desert singletrack, with lots of loose (and many large, sharp) rocks. I need something that will roll fast and always hook up in the soft, the loose, the sharp, the marbles, like the Boaz, but with higher volume. Is there any help here? Thanks.

mtbr member
    There aren't many tires with a tread pattern like that Nokian, but off the top of my head, I'd say the Specialized Adrenaline might be pretty close. The larger size has a pretty large volume. By the way, Spec. changed the name of that tire recently and I can't think of the new name. I'm sure you can find it online though.

Jan 2006

Smile

Thanks, I'll check that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The new name is Resolution. It's not the lightest tire around though.... 630 g for 2.0" is pretty much these days. If the tire is actually wider than 2.0", then it perhaps isn't too heavy.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by jeppe
    The new name is Resolution. It's not the lightest tire around though.... 630 g for 2.0" is pretty much these days. If the tire is actually wider than 2.0", then it perhaps isn't too heavy.
    The Resolution is size and volume is comparable to a WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4, read; very big for a 2.0. The 2.2 is like a large 2.4 tire. It also has 55shA rubber on the sides which you might like sticking on the rocks.

Mr. P

Jan 2006

Smile

Thanks for the high quality advice, fellas. That tire looks to be what I want. The first review for the Resolution sounds very promising (a lot like the old Boazobeana F reviews). I'm going to order one from Specialized and see how it sticks.