mtbr member

Long-Wearing Tire?

Can anyone recommend a more durable or long-wearing tire that is still decent in a variety of conditions? The stock Kenda Komodos on my newish bike are wearing out and it will soon be time to replace them. I don't think I am getting much life out of them, though, and would really like to find a tire that lasts a while. I understand that I may lose some performance for better durablity - but as a relative beginner I see it as a way to improve my riding habits while they are developing rather than "depending" on a tire with some great traction or rolling characteristics. Right now I am leaning toward the Panaracer Dart - Smoke combination, because they seem to be well reviewed, affordable, and appear to have somewhat firmer rubber than the other tires I have compared them to.

We ride cross country trails with a bit of paved greenway to get to the trails and to get from one trail to another.
    Vehor vivo est!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcq
    Can anyone recommend a more durable or long-wearing tire that is still decent in a variety of conditions? The stock Kenda Komodos on my newish bike are wearing out and it will soon be time to replace them. I don't think I am getting much life out of them, though, and would really like to find a tire that lasts a while. I understand that I may lose some performance for better durablity - but as a relative beginner I see it as a way to improve my riding habits while they are developing rather than "depending" on a tire with some great traction or rolling characteristics. Right now I am leaning toward the Panaracer Dart - Smoke combination, because they seem to be well reviewed, affordable, and appear to have somewhat firmer rubber than the other tires I have compared them to.

We ride cross country trails with a bit of paved greenway to get to the trails and to get from one trail to another.
    The Dart/Smoke would work.

Also look at the CST line. They are long wearing and low cost.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0