mtbr member
    May 2012

Light Bicycle Water Bottle Cages??? Tried Any???

Are LB water bottle cages good? At $11 for a carbon cage, they are a great value. If you have any experience with them please let me know. I imagine they could throw a couple of them in the box with a wheelset so shipping would be free.

mtbr member
    And this relates to "wheels and tires" via your shipping reference? Hmmmmm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1 View Post
    And this relates to "wheels and tires" via your shipping reference? Hmmmmm.
    No need to be a dick.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Since this forum gets a lot of traffic regarding Light Bicycle because of the Cheap Chinese Rim thread, I thought a lot of LB customers would see it and reply but obviously not.

LB sells five different water bottle cages and I was hoping for a little help on which ones are best. I ended up ordering two different ones with a set of wheels so the cages are shipping free. That makes them an even greater bargain if they work well. I will report after I get them in about three weeks and try them.

mtbr member
    I see the connection. I think most people understood that. I wish i had some input to help you out.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dugt View Post
    Are LB water bottle cages good? At $11 for a carbon cage, they are a great value. If you have any experience with them please let me know. I imagine they could throw a couple of them in the box with a wheelset so shipping would be free.
    Here is my answer to my question. It is in a form that will be useful to anyone unfamiliar with LB. I also posted in the General forum.

Light Bicycle (LB) makes cheap frames, rims, wheels, water bottle cages and other things in China. I bought some wheels from them and decided to try a couple of their cf water bottle cages too because they are light, cheap, look good and shipping would be free for me because they could throw a couple of them in the box with my wheels.

Today I got the wheels and the cages. The cages are very light and stiff enough and look great. I don't know what it would cost to ship a cage to the USA but if you are buying something else from LB I recommend their water bottle cages too. Be aware that I'm not a water bottle cage expert but I know that at my LBS cf cages cost six times what I paid for one from LB.

mtbr member
    I got to ride a set of wheels this past weekend. Flat amazing for the money. Stupid light and I cant get over how laterally stiff the felt for being so light. I see a set in my future. Thanks for the info.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dugt View Post
    They really should. I got one from eBay for nearly free. All I paid was the outrageous "shipping," from China. This means it cost them less then $1 USD/ea to produce them.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"