Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    squish, squish in da fish
    who makes those rotors?

Cycle Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    who makes those rotors?
    Are you talking about the flaming gay skull rotors? Moment Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by cannondave View Post
    Hope Pro Evo 2's front 179g rear 309g ( 2014 versions )
    Mine were close to that at 185g front and 312g rear.
    They replaced DT Onyx at 194g front and 400g rear.
    '10 Rocky Mountain Metropolis (rigid 2x10)
    '10 SURLY 1x1 (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Ogre (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Troll (rigid 2x10)

Maromero

Extralite+LB

27.5 LB's 23 mm inner
    Add 4 gr for the blingy caps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-extralite-bling.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-extralite-peso-final.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-extralite-rear-mini.jpg  

Last edited by doccoraje; 06-21-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Chris Bling

Red is rad

Here are a set of DH Industry Nine hubs we laced up to Spank Spike Evo 35AL's. With the rim being 35mm wide, it makes for an extremely stiff wheel. This is just the weapon you need on a 8" travel DH sled.

Enjoy the pics

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-1.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-2.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-3.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-4.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-5.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-6.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Not terribly blingy, but a TOUGH set of wheels for a big guy who likes to shred. He picked up a set of new Ice Tech rotors with the wheels (he was having trouble overheating the stock rotors), and sent me this email this morning:

"Hi Dustin,

Just wanted to let you know I got a chance to try out the new wheels yesterday. They are awesome! I hit one of our most technical areas here in the bay area (Skeggs Point) and crashed down about 2000 ft of elevation drop. The wheels performed great, felt really solid, and I really noticed a difference in the roll of the wheels, which I was not expecting. I was with a buddy, and when we would tip over the top of a hill or any section where it would open up and we would totally release brakes, I was quickly rolling away from him and I could really feel the difference in acceleration. They also felt fantastic during the long ass climb on fire roads back up the mountain. The new disc brakes worked great too, still got hot as hell, but didn't smoke or turn colors like my last discs.

And, when I got back, I spun my wheels and took a close look... perfectly straight and true. I'm totally stoked."

36H Flow EX rims, Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes on the front and Alpine III on the rear. Silver brass nipples all around. Bomber!

The Alpine III spokes are tripple butted and use a 2.34mm diameter gauge at the elbow, it adds very little weight but increase durability and fatigue life. Good choice for bigger abusive riders.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    AM29 rims, Chris King hubs with the new XD driver, mix of black and white Sapim CX-Ray spokes with red alloy nipples. Built for enduro racing!

mtbr member
    These are more stealth than blingy, but that's how I like them! Crappy pictures, sorry! Derby 40mm 27.5 rims and DT Swiss 240 hubs, both de-badged! Built by the man, MC. Now I just need some new 27.5+ tires!

888g rear
    773g front
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-derby-1.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-derby-2.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-derby-3.jpg  

Chris Bling

duplicate

duplicate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-front-2.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-oohbah.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-rear-2.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-rear.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-rim.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al-set.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-red-industry-nine-spank-spike-evo-35al.jpg  

Last edited by dustyduke22; 06-30-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: duplicate
    Affordable Custom Wheels

beater
    My LBS is known for incredibly detailed custom builds. Wheels get a lot of attention. Here's the most recent example. The owner just built his Knolly Warden, and here's a photo of one of the wheels from his build. Enve M70s, DT Swiss 240s, orange DT Champions, and notice the custom decals on the hub and fork.

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-stevesenve.jpg

A link to the build is here.

The shop demo bike is a SB66, and it's wearing wheels with spokes custom painted to match the Yeti turquoise.

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-photo-2.jpg

There are quite a few other examples that I can think of, but don't have photos of. Some are outrageous, like the 'rainbow vomit' wheels on his DJ, which used every spoke color he had in the shop. Some are subtle, like the gold and white spokes to match a friend's V10 frame. And some have a foot on each side of the line, like the wheels he did that fade from yellow to orange to red.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Crash Dummy In Training
    Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-e1bc8e85-1283-4101-878a-bd7d9bd7472b_zpspyiqmkec.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-473b7db5-3adb-4ba3-9bf6-5facf0f94d3c_zpsls9yjw1t.jpgLB 27 mm Hook less with Chris King Hubs DT SWISS white Comp spokes and Red alloy nipple's.
    ​​
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T.
    1997 Rock Hopper / Manitou TI Bulge Fork / Shimano STX-3 x 7 P.O.S.​

Chris Bling

Blue bling!!

Hey MTBR,

I built these up for myself late Thursday night and neglected to take pics of just the wheels due to a little re-occupation with getting them mounted up on my bike!!

Here are some of the post-mount pre-ride pics. I think the blue Kings are my new favorite color

Enjoy the pics

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-canfield-yelli-screamy.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-front-wheel.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-front.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-rear-2.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-rear-side.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-chris-king-wtb-kom-rear.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Awesome DD!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Will got his Nox/Chris King wheels with the black and white spokes all set up on his S-Works Enduro. This thing is ballin' out of control! He'll be taking a trip to France to race the Megavalanche Alpe d Huez on this bike. Color me jealous...

mtbr member
    @dustyduke22

Hi dude..

Sweet looking bike and rims..!!!

Just a question ... How do you not mark the nipples while building..?? (scratch etc)

Finally finished my build with Sapim Alloy Nipples and they nearly look second hand..LOL
    I do try..!!

squish, squish in da fish
    correct size spoke wrench?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Using a proper size spoke wrench is critical when working with alloy nipples. Lots of repairs I've done wheels come in with rounded off or collapsed nipples because someone used a wrench that was too big.

High quality spoke wrench, that is the right size (there should be very little play) is the key. A Park Tool size zero is good for most alloy nipples, it's the black one. I've also found that 4-sided wrenches work best.

This is my favorite wrench I've tried. Fits the hand well, smooth finish, heavy and solid. It's 4-sided, so it drops down onto the nipple, you can't come in from the side.

mtbr member
    I bought the Park black one Park Tool Co. SW-20 : Master Spoke Wrench : Wheel & Spoke and it didn't fit..!!

I used the Sapim one 3.45mm
    Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-gs100.jpg
    so i think thats the problem i've caused myself..!!

Whats the size in MM that i should look for..??

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-nip1.jpg

Cheers
    I do try..!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That Park wrench is the exact one I use, and have used it on thousands of alloy nipples. I build mostly with DT Swiss spokes and nipples, but the few wheels I've done with Sapim that wrench worked fine. Maybe your wrench had a defect or something?

mtbr member
    This is all I got....

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-bikeparts14.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-dsc_3215_zpsbfc119a1.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-dsc00724resize_zpse39d9f00.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondave View Post
    I bought the Park black one Park Tool Co. SW-20 : Master Spoke Wrench : Wheel & Spoke and it didn't fit..!!

I used the Sapim one 3.45mm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS100.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	905224
    so i think thats the problem i've caused myself..!!

Whats the size in MM that i should look for..??

Cheers
    mine didnt fit when I first got it either, it was VERY tight and id have to force it on. I took it to an old wheelset with scratched nipples, used it on half a dozen nipples, then took it back to the wheelset I was building, and it fit perfect.
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Name:  a77c216d037d4659e1b83bc7790c45d381006352_430x390.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  16.8 KB
    The SW-1 is sized for .130 (3.30mm) nipples.

Use this size for Sapim 14mm Black Brass...
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

All-mountain wheelset

Derby 40's with King hubs and sapim CX-Ray spokes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-image.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!

These May or May not be for sale for a good price

King ISO hubs
    Sapim CX-Ray spokes
    Dt swiss gold alloy nipples
    New wtb KOM i23 hoops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404707800.591463.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I love gooooooollld! I9 Torch Classic hubs, Nox AM-275 rims, DT Swiss Revolution spokes, gold alloy nipples that match the hubs. Headed to the Vegas area for an Ibis HDR.

mtbr member
    I have a navy King headset and love the color. How does the industry 9 blue compare with King Navy? Close enough?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast