Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Made these up, Blunts with Stealth Hubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_0096.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_0098.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_0105.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Black and boring=bling?

Not is this house.

squish, squish in da fish
    LOL. damn, i need to grab the neti pot to flush coffee outta my sinus now.

Redcoat

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1398278630.318051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Bling

Mango King Blilng

Hey MTBR,

We built these up last week for a gentleman up in Massachusetts. Orange is my favorite color, so these were fun!

Turned out beautiful. We used Sapim Force spokes to lace the King hubs to the WTB i25 rim. The Force spokes are Triple butted with extra material at the J-Bend to make the spoke stronger. The cool thing is that it does not weigh any more than a standard double butted spoke. The orange alloy nipples match the hubs nicely accent the build.

Overall, you have an incredibly strong and good looking wheelset!

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs-front.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs-rear.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs-rim.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs-set.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs-wtb.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-mango-chris-king-hubs.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Those are Sapim nipples, right? 14mm or 16mm?

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1 View Post
    Those are Sapim nipples, right? 14mm or 16mm?
    Those my friend, are 14. And yes, they are Sapim.
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399440880.187731.jpg

dmo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    not super blinged out but the red nipples are enough for me. I think the frame is bright enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-_dsc0317.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-_dsc0322.jpg  

Chris Bling

Pink Bling!

Hey guys,

Here is a great looking set of Industry 9 Torch Classic Hubs laced to WTB KOM rims with Sapim Force Spokes and Black alloy nipples. This wheelset was built with the intent to get noticed. Its going on a black anodized Canfield Yelli Screamy with a black RS Pike fork. The wheels will stand out and look so good against all that black!

Its pretty hard to beat 120 points of engagements in these hubs. I used to think that Chris King hubs are fast, but at 72 POE vs 120 POE, there is really no comparison

Enjoy the pics.

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-both.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-front.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-kom.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-rear.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-rear2.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset-torch.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-pink-wheelset.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Hey "dustyduke22" Are those the pink or purple i9's..??
    ( i9 website makes them look much pinker.. )

I was going to get those but decided on Hope's as I'm in UK and they are easier to get hold of..!!
    You do love your KOM rims...!!
    I've gone stealth bling..lol
    KOM rims ,D-light spokes black ,WTB black valves ,Hope black hubs ,black nipples..!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-image.jpg  

I do try..!!

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondave View Post
    Hey "dustyduke22" Are those the pink or purple i9's..?? ( i9 website makes them look much pinker.. )
    I was going to get those but decided on Hope's as I'm in UK and they are easier to get hold of..!!
    You do love your KOM rims...!!
    I've gone stealth bling..lol
    KOM rims ,D-light spokes black ,WTB black valves ,Hope black hubs ,black nipples..!!

Yes, these are the 'pink' hubs. They look a little more pink in person.

I absolutely love my KOM rims. They are my favorite AM-Enduro style rim.

My last build I did for myself was pretty much exactly what you describe. I used Force spokes vs the d-light. Other than that, they were the same. They turned out sick!
    Good luck with your build and make sure and post pics!
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    I9 website does seem to enhance the color..!!
    Rim wise it was a toss up between KOM and Pacenti TL28
    Will post pic when done.
    I do try..!!

Chris Bling

Orange Industry 9 blling

Hey Guys,

These turned out pretty trick. The orange of the hubs match the orange nipples perfectly! Triple butted Force Spokes laced to WTB KOM rims. This is headed out to Minnesota and will end up on a Turner Flux!

Enjoy!

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange-1.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange-front.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange-kom.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange-rear.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-industry-9-orange-set.jpg
    Last edited by dustyduke22; 05-19-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Uh, you mean on a Turner Flux !!!! I look forward to getting them!!!!!!!

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Snopro440 View Post
    Uh, you mean on a Turner Flux !!!! I look forward to getting them!!!!!!!
    Haha yes, Turner Flux. Fixed it...
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Re: Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!

Just got my wide lb 27.5s in

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-uploadfromtaptalk1400694277758.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-uploadfromtaptalk1400694298128.jpg  

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-uploadfromtaptalk1400694315514.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Re: Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!

^^^ hope pro evo hubs. Will weigh tonight

Chris Bling

Black Beauties!

Got these Chris King-WTB KOM wheels built up and shipped out to California for a gentlemen by the name of Mike. He wanted a classic looking wheelset that was stiff, light and would take some hard riding. I really like how the Silver spokes really stand out and frame the hubs. Good color choice Mike!

Enjoy the pics

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-side.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-rear.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-front-2.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-set.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-front.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom-wtb.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-black-chris-king-kom.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steineken View Post
    ^^^ hope pro evo hubs. Will weigh tonight

Hope Pro Evo 2's front 179g rear 309g ( 2014 versions )
    I do try..!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I9 Torch hubs, Nox AM29er rims. Ballin'!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1 View Post
    I9 Torch hubs, Nox AM29er rims. Ballin'!

Nice

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Some new wheels for my lady! She's a lightweight and mostly rides paved trails, dirt roads, and the occassional bit of singletrack. She's got an entry level Giant hardtail that works fine for her needs, but at 32.5lbs (for an XXS woman's specific frame!) it's a tank. I knew new wheels and tires would drop some major weight, so here we are.

The goal was low weight without spending a lot, and something that would look good. Shimano SLX hubs are low cost and decent quality, the Stan's Crest rims are really light, Revolution spokes and alloy nipples keep more weight off. The white rims were used for two reasons: they match her bike, and they're on sale (~50% off!!) 'cause Stan's is clearing out their inventory of white rims (I've got a few more in stock if anyone's looking for a set). Silver spokes also match her bike, and the purple nipples add a little color.

The set weighs in at 1,585g and combined with new Small Block 8 tires (set up tubeless of course) we knocked 3.2lbs off her bike!

mtbpete
    Chris King Gold Hubs and Enve Rims with black and white CX-Ray spokes.

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-p7181246.jpg

Cycle Psycho
    Probably the least blingy in this thread; I'm too cheap to afford anodized nipples or black spokes. My first hubset that didn't come pre-built: Hope Pro2 EVOs on Sun MTX-33s.

'10 Rocky Mountain Metropolis (rigid 2x10)
    '10 SURLY 1x1 (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Ogre (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Troll (rigid 2x10)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast