Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Chris Bling

Anyone a Lakers Fan?

Although these are not carbon or extremely light, I think they fit the BLING BLING criteria

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-_dsc8878.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-_dsc8877.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-_dsc8876.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Trail Prospector
    Ol' Skool Bling

No-Doz Flows
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Ol' Skool Bling

No-Doz Flows
    Almost look like my wife's wheels, Hers are polished Flows with Silver I9 spokes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i9 Torch Blue with White Flow Rims
    i9 Torch Gold w/ gold 28 spokes

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_5018.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_5014.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_5019.jpg  

Chris Bling

Chris Bling

Finished these for a gentlemen by the name of Derek out of California over the weekend. Turned out beautiful.

Chris King Hubs Laced to Nox Composites AM27.5 Carbon rims

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-nox-composites-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-chris-king-nox-composites-hubsessed-cycle-works.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-nox-composites-chris-king.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-nox-composites-sapim-nipples.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-nox-composites.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Derek says AWESOME
    I have too many bikes, but it's not enough

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    Finished these for a gentlemen by the name of Derek out of California over the weekend. Turned out beautiful.

Chris King Hubs Laced to Nox Composites AM27.5 Carbon rims

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nox Composites Hubsessed Cycle Works Chris King.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	877584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris King Nox Composites Hubsessed Cycle Works.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	877582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hubsessed Cycle Works Nox Composites Chris King.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	877583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nox Composites Sapim Nipples.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	877585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nox Composites.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	877586
    Those are some SICK wheels!!! I'm running the CKs with Flows but as soon as I destroy one of my rims il be having my CKs laced to the NOX! Those things are BADASS!!!

Chris Bling

Blue Bling

Here are some sweet hoops we built for a gentleman by the name of Chris over in California. Turned out amazing

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front-kom-i23-back.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front-kom-i23-set.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front-kom-i23.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front-kom.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-gold-alloy.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-gold-qr.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-gold.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-sapim-force.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    A nice SS wheelset and a burly rear wheel left the shop this week, both headed to CO.

This wheel was built for a customer well into Clyde territory. He's had problems with wheels going out of true and freehubs failing. We used a Chris King hub because their Ring Drive mechanism is super strong and handles high torque loads better than many other designs. We paired it to a Flow EX rim because it's wide, strong, and available in 36H drillings. DT Swiss Competition spokes were used laced 3-cross on the driveside and 4-cross on the non-driveside. The 3-cross lacing uses slightly shorter spokes which should be a bit stiffer laterally, and the 4-cross lacing transfers torque better since it's more tangential to the hub flange. Brass nipples for ultimate durability.

This wheel will eventually find itself on a custom WaltWorks 29er.

4-cross like a boss.

This SS wheel is headed to Littleton, CO. I9 hubs with the SS specific rear, and KOM rims.

I really need one of these for myself

The 4D drilling on the WTB rims results in some really straight spoke lines going into the nipples.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-1234089_10201843271474350_170332449_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1 View Post
    A nice SS wheelset and a burly rear wheel left the shop this week, both headed to CO.

This wheel was built for a customer well into Clyde territory. He's had problems with wheels going out of true and freehubs failing. We used a Chris King hub because their Ring Drive mechanism is super strong and handles high torque loads better than many other designs. We paired it to a Flow EX rim because it's wide, strong, and available in 36H drillings. DT Swiss Competition spokes were used laced 3-cross on the driveside and 4-cross on the non-driveside. The 3-cross lacing uses slightly shorter spokes which should be a bit stiffer laterally, and the 4-cross lacing transfers torque better since it's more tangential to the hub flange. Brass nipples for ultimate durability.

This wheel will eventually find itself on a custom WaltWorks 29er.

4-cross like a boss.

This SS wheel is headed to Littleton, CO. I9 hubs with the SS specific rear, and KOM rims.

I really need one of these for myself

The 4D drilling on the WTB rims results in some really straight spoke lines going into the nipples.

mtbr member
    Sweet! Purple used to be such a bling. It's gone by the way side but I think has its place for sure. FUN!!

mtbr member
    Canfield Brothers Microdrive hub.

9, 11, 13, 16, 23, 26, 30, 34, 38 Action Ti laced to Light Bicycle wide 27.5.

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-dscf3810.jpg

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-dscf3808.jpg

Chris Bling

Blue on Blue Bling!

These are for a customer down in SoCal for his Santa Cruz Bronson. I am loving the blue on blue!

We used Hope Pro II hubs laced to WTB Frequency i25 rims with Sapim Force triple butted spokes and blue Sapim alloy nipples. Made for a very strong and stiff wheel for a 230 pound pilot. We went with the stainless freehub body to withstand the power of his massive legs

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope-front-i25.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-blue-hope_pro_ii_stainless.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-hope_pro_ii-wtb_i25.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-hope_pro_ii.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-sapim_force_alloy.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-wtb_frequency_team_i25-sapim.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-wtb_frequency_team_i25.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Chris Bling

Green Bling

Here is a pretty sweet blingin' wheelset we build for a guy out of Northern Nevada. Heavier fella that wanted the Stainless freehub body. Black rim, black spokes and black nipples really make the hub stand out. Hope you enjoy some bling shots

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green-front1.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green-i25.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green-stainless-steel.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green-star.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green-wtb-i25.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-chris-king-green.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Turquoise :: the world needs more turquoise!

Chris Bling

Purple is the new Black!

Hey MTBR,

Remember the 80's? If you didn't know already, Purple is the new black! Built these up for an endurance athlete out of California. Enjoy

Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom-sapim-alloy.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom-sapim-back.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom-sapim-front.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom-sapim-wheels.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom-sapim.jpgLets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-hubsessed-cycle-works-purple-hope-pro-ii-wtb-kom.jpg
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Ride Everything
    Black & Tan (with a splash of red):

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVELBIKE View Post
    Black & Tan (with a splash of red):

HAHA!! That's a clash of new and retro!! Love it!

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    HAHA!! That's a clash of new and retro!! Love it!
    A mystery, wrapped in an enigma, if you will...
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member

Rowan Sorrell's custom wheels

Atomik Carbon 27.5 AM rims laced to flat black Profile Elite hubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_76741839720716.jpeg  

mtbr member

Thomas Vanderham's Atomik Carbon 27.5 rims

Atomik Carbon 27.5 rims laced to Shimano Saint hubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_79398927947035.jpeg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Oops......working on a tablet and attached my Avatar by mistake....could not get it off withoutt deleting the post....and starting over again

squish, squish in da fish
    love this combo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some blinged out wheelsets..I9,CK,Hope..anything goes!-img_0991.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Red hubs, silver spokes = classy. These are going onto a Moots, should look fantastic. Pacenti TL28 rims.

Spoke lengths :: DIALED

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Another set of KOM rims shipping out today, headed to Kansas. Love the deep blue color on the Hopes.

A few thoughts on the KOMs:
    -The angled spoke drilling is very nice, the spokes take a very straight path into the nipple.
    -The graphics are not removable - it's like they're printed directly onto the rims. This is kind of a bummer IMO.
    -The weights jump around some. Each set I've built had one rim that weighed about 20-25g less than the other.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast