Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    You can patch a tubeless tyre just as you path a tube.
    Less mess than using sealant! I still carry a tube but I've used slime patches to seal punctures.

Workin for the weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by sloonz View Post
    Less mess than using sealant! I still carry a tube but I've used slime patches to seal punctures.
    Solid advice, thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I just got a pair of Maxxis Advantage tires and found out tha Maxxis also voids the warranty if sealant is used. I totally get that an UST system doesn't need sealant to to hold air but in practice we know that flats do occur with UST tires even they're supposed to be more puncture resistant. I think most of us use sealant to prevent flats not to make the system seal, so why don't tire manufacturers really pay attention to what we need and happens in real life? to me a Tubeless tire doesn't make that much sense if we use sealant anyway, tubeless ready should be the way to go but the choices are limited.

no trees are safe
    Quote Originally Posted by ecaos View Post
    I just got a pair of Maxxis Advantage tires and found out tha Maxxis also voids the warranty if sealant is used. I totally get that an UST system doesn't need sealant to to hold air but in practice we know that flats do occur with UST tires even they're supposed to be more puncture resistant. I think most of us use sealant to prevent flats not to make the system seal, so why don't tire manufacturers really pay attention to what we need and happens in real life? to me a Tubeless tire doesn't make that much sense if we use sealant anyway, tubeless ready should be the way to go but the choices are limited.
    You can use Slime instead of Stans sealant. It shouldn't de-laminate the tyre over time due to different formulation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Where's the warranty?

There is no warranty at Kenda's dealers, on their products or website. Is the warranty a carefully guarded secret?

Can anyone provide a link to Kenda's warranty for bike tires?

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Epic bump.

Like a few people, I've been running Stans in UST Nevegals for as long as I can remember, never had a problem. Sounds like there was a bad batch or something and the internet rumor machine took over.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by richde View Post
    Epic bump.

Like a few people, I've been running Stans in UST Nevegals for as long as I can remember, never had a problem. Sounds like there was a bad batch or something and the internet rumor machine took over.
    Just bought a set of nevegal ust in feb. maybe 500 miles on them. Extremely rocky terrain. After my ride today in the parking lot I noticed a lump in my wheel at first I thought I toasted a rim today.

I looked at the tire and it seemed it hadn a small bubble. By the time I got home it was the size of a softball maybe larger. I popped it immediately cause it looked like it was twisting the rim(crossmax xl).

Add me to the list of sealant destroyed tires. I really loved this tire while It lasted. But the terrain I ride is not compatible without sealant. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2