mtbr member

Kenda Telonix tubeless problems

Anybody have any difficulty running a Kenda Telonix tubeless? I bought a 2.2 folding bead and have had a hell of a time setting it up on Easton Havoc AM rims with Stans conversion kit. I've used a Minion DHF 2.5 and Ardent 2.4 on this wheelset so I know they will go tubeless. Can't get the bead to seal, I've tried 3 times. I'm tired of wasting sealant! Any thoughts, should I just run tubes?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Same problem with the Kenda Slant Six on the ZTR Flow rims... For me Stans is just blowing out from around the bead. Thing is the bead popped into place nicely too with a blast from the air compressor, but to no avail. I took the Kenda's off and now they *brand new tires* hang in the garage - what a waste of $85!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Don't think the Telonix is available in SCT, but I mounted an SCT Small Block 8 with zero issues on a Stan's Arch EX. It even held air pretty well with no sealant at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    Anybody have any difficulty running a Kenda Telonix tubeless? I bought a 2.2 folding bead and have had a hell of a time setting it up on Easton Havoc AM rims with Stans conversion kit. I've used a Minion DHF 2.5 and Ardent 2.4 on this wheelset so I know they will go tubeless. Can't get the bead to seal, I've tried 3 times. I'm tired of wasting sealant! Any thoughts, should I just run tubes?
    Thanks
    last night, I was able to put Kenda Telnoix as Tubeless set up with Stan. I have had the tire installed with Tube for about 2 weeks then converted to Tubeless. prior to the installation, I used scotch green scrub to smooth the beads. so far, no air leaks.