mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Kenda SB8 vs Continental Race King vs WTB Exiwolf

I've narrowed my choice down to these three tires. Which out of the 3 would you choose? Currently from reading reviews and posts on here I'm leaning towards the SB8. I usually ride hard pack single track type trails. I don't ride in the wet very much (although it does happen) and I tend to avoid trails when they are extremely muddy. Looking for a fast rolling tire and something that is great on hard pack type trails but also fairly good for street riding (since I'll sometimes be riding to work and other places).

mtbr member
    I run the SB8 DTC in 2.35 on the rear and it works awesome. I have zero experience with the other tires though...

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle204
    I've narrowed my choice down to these three tires. Which out of the 3 would you choose? Currently from reading reviews and posts on here I'm leaning towards the SB8. I usually ride hard pack single track type trails. I don't ride in the wet very much (although it does happen) and I tend to avoid trails when they are extremely muddy. Looking for a fast rolling tire and something that is great on hard pack type trails but also fairly good for street riding (since I'll sometimes be riding to work and other places).
    I've used the SB8 and the Exiwolf.

Forget the Exiwolf and go for one of the other two. The Exi felt like it had way too much squirm on hardpack and doesn't roll as fast as the SB8.

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

Formerly of Kent
    Despite the low-pro knobs on the SB8, it really isn't that fast of a tire.

Kenda casings are pretty "slow", I'd go with one of the other two. Race Kings, particularly in the 2.2 and Black Chili combinations, are amazing. No experience with the Exiwolf.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Go with the SB8! They are an excellent hard pack tire, I see alot of them here at the races in So.Cal. I use 2.35 F & 2.1 R both converted tubeless with Stans. Good traction and wear characteristics.Cornering is predictable.

Bike Geek
    Another vote for the SB8!

I would love to have the SB8 2.3 front & 2.1 rear but the 2.3 is sooo hard to find where im from.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Geax Seguaro 2.2 or race king every time.Seguaro wins on wear, acceleration, ride comfort and edge grip. Race king wins on weight and grip on wet rocks and roots.