mtbr member

Kenda nevegal 2.35 review

Well I'm newish so I wasn't sure where to put this so if its in the wrong spot sorry!

But anyways, after much decision making I decided to purchase a kenda nevegal 2.35 dtc folding bead. It's mounted on the rear with a specialized clutch 2.3 on the front of a trek fuel ex 5.

Sizing: it is smaller than the 2.3 clutch and a little bit larger than the Hutchinson toro I had on before it.

First impressions: took it for a first ride yesterday. It was a lot of uphill, some techy slow sloping downhill and some technical uphill climbs with a flat race to the finish at the end of the ride. Climbing was incredible. I didn't slip once on places where I used to with my toro and the 2.1 nev on my last bike. Even when it got rutty and rocky with out of the saddle climbing there was no slip whatsoever. On the downhill I had so much more confidence on the corners. Where I usually have to use the brakes I just rode through and railed them. Outstanding cornering. On the flats yes there was more rolling resistance but if you are like me it won't bother you. It's not too bad and it is well worth the cornering and traction ability.

I will be doing another ride tomorrow and will post about how it performs there as well because there is sand and water/mud to test.

Overall, one great tire for SoCal conditions.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    2011 trek fuel ex 5
    evo mx-6 white flat pedals
    specialized clutch 2.3 front tire
    hutchinson toro 2.35 rear tire

mtbr member
    Update: went for a ride today and there was a sprint in loose rocks, no slip at all. Great tire for the money!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    2011 trek fuel ex 5
    evo mx-6 white flat pedals
    specialized clutch 2.3 front tire
    hutchinson toro 2.35 rear tire

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Had a 2,1 on my bike yes great traction but the resistance was bad.I changed to racing ralph and noticed my bike climbed alot better and rolled better on the down hill parts.

I still have the tire and may use it for certain places or for a front if i feel i need the added traction.