mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Kenda Nevegal 1.95 Lite DTC weight

Not sure if this is already posted on site, but thought this might be helpful. I just received two new tires today and thought I'd weigh before mounting them.

This is a Kenda Nevegal 1.95 Lite DTC (Dual Tread Compound).

Weight by my scale: 562g

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've always loved the confidence the bigger Nevegals gave, but never enjoyed the weight. I thought this lite DTC version was worth a try. The skinny 1.95 size scares me, but I will run it through its paces.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    That is one of my favorite tires. Great grip on any surface and it's much faster than a 2.1. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the tires performance.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    That is one of my favorite tires. Great grip on any surface and it's much faster than a 2.1. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the tires performance.
    I agree, despite the smaller size it is an exceptional tire

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    This tire performed tremendously in a muddy race yesterday. Mud, loose over hardpack, rooty surfaces-- it didn't matter. It hooked up with no problems. The fact that the lower volume never crossed my mind is a testament to the ability of the tire to hook up and soak up bumps without any issue. Before this tire, I was running a 2.35 Kenda Small Block 8.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Got a pic of them mounted? would like to see how they look compared to my Maxxis Larsen TT 1.9's I have (which look SUPER thin, haven't had a chance to ride them yet though).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Here's the photo

Quote Originally Posted by limeyhubby
    Got a pic of them mounted? would like to see how they look compared to my Maxxis Larsen TT 1.9's I have (which look SUPER thin, haven't had a chance to ride them yet though).
    That's the 1.95 Nevegal mounted on the front.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I love those tires... Got them on both my mountain bikes...