It's carbon dontcha know.

Kenda Klaw XT's or Maxxis Ignitors?

I'm looking to replace the Jones XR's which came on my Fisher Paragon 29er. They're only 1.8's and I feel I'd have more confidence with a wider tire. Typical terrain is lots of rocks riding in NY, so which of the above might be the better choice for a XC rider, the 2.1 Ignitors or the 2.1 Klaw's? Or should I hold out for the fabled Rampage's or other alternatives?

Thanks.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Bought the Ignitors and rode with them for the first time today, very happy with them so far

mtbr member

Hope this helps

I have been running Ignitors on my 29er Paragon since July. Here is my experience (XC)

1) They are much heavier than advertised-mine weighed between 675-700g each per digital scale.
    2) Despite the weight i like it on the front-good corning traction, mediocre sand float though..
    3) On the rear they suck-very slow rolling and not exceptional grip-especially considering the weight they should stick like glue..
    4) Ignitors rub on the chainstays in the rear-especially if you have to use the granny gear.

Since the Ignitors have reallly good volume/size and good grip on front I use it there and a faster rolling, litttle bit smaller tire in rear

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_chipmunk
    I have been running Ignitors on my 29er Paragon since July. Here is my experience (XC)

1) They are much heavier than advertised-mine weighed between 675-700g each per digital scale.
    2) Despite the weight i like it on the front-good corning traction, mediocre sand float though..
    3) On the rear they suck-very slow rolling and not exceptional grip-especially considering the weight they should stick like glue..
    4) Ignitors rub on the chainstays in the rear-especially if you have to use the granny gear.

Since the Ignitors have reallly good volume/size and good grip on front I use it there and a faster rolling, litttle bit smaller tire in rear
    The current claimed weight is around 700g.

Weight does not = grip.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    we weighed them at around 600g
    I run em and like them, conditions lots of hardpack, rocks and dirt and roots
    oh yeah, mountain biking conditions!