Ride, Sleep, Work

Kenda Karma's or Race Kings

I have been tossing this thought around in my head for almost 3 weeks now.

So, I am now asking the public.

Which one should I get? Karma's or Race King's

The chose is up to you!!!
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ill give you my impression of the karma sat. i bought one almost a month ago and just put it on today. i wanted to try it out but apparently either the new tubes or my pump dont want to work right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Put a race king supersonic on the front. The ww forum has a big thread. Only have one ride on it. Initial results look good. One thing to consider is the RK SS is a big tire. I like the large volume. All of the positive remarks over in ww are pretty spot on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Good idea for a thread. Another tire to consider might be the racing ralph. I've ridden the kharmas before, and tey seemed to be a nice tire. I'm personally trying to decide between the race king & racing ralph.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ok i gave the karma a good 18-20 mile ride on a very mixed terrain on 2 different trails. terrain ranged from slick mud, gooey mud, sandy damp soil, pine straw and leaves, gravel and roots. the only time i felt any kind of break away was climbing the steepest of hills that had pine straw and leaves on them.

i pretty pleased with it esp. since i got the tire brand new for i think was 15 bux. the larsen TT exception did a great job on the front as well.

powered by ibuprofen
    Quote Originally Posted by chiplikestoridehisbike
    Put a race king supersonic on the front. The ww forum has a big thread. Only have one ride on it. Initial results look good. One thing to consider is the RK SS is a big tire. I like the large volume. All of the positive remarks over in ww are pretty spot on.

+1 on RK SS 2.2; like adding more travel---large volume, mine were 460/490gms.
    ....what the hell you lookin' down here for?

I'd rather be riding!
    I've been using the Karma 2.2 DTC as a rear tire for about 9 months now and I have to say it has been a great tire over-all. It sticks lick glue on most all terrains. I ride a lot of off camber wet rocks and roots and it manages them better than most other tires I have tried.

Wear seems good too since I still am using it after nine months.

The downside is that the sidewalls are a little on the thin side. I sliced mine after about the first month and had to patch it. The upside of this is that the tire is extremely light.

Just started running it tubeless with homebrew sealant about two weeks ago. Lots of leaks for the first 24 hours. It finally sealed up and is holding well now.