Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    41

    New question here. Kenda Karma L3R Pro Stick-E 2.0 Question

    I just bought a Kenda Karma 2.0 for my rear tire and noticed there is no "direction of rotation". Looking at the knobs, they do not appear ramped so I just mounted it. Anyone else have experience mounting the Karmas? Can't wait to give this lightweight tire a go!

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,233
    Not a directional tread.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    41

    I'll do a search next time

    Thanks for the tip. Looks like someone else posted a similar question earlier. I rode it yesterday and all seems well. rode some pretty rocky stuff without any sidewall tears. I think I was picking better lines since I had it in the back of my mind that I was riding on a light tire and hardtail. I suppose I should be doing this anyway, but I've gotten pretty lazy riding my FS trailbike. Cheers.

  4. #4
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb22
    Thanks for the tip. Looks like someone else posted a similar question earlier. I rode it yesterday and all seems well. rode some pretty rocky stuff without any sidewall tears. I think I was picking better lines since I had it in the back of my mind that I was riding on a light tire and hardtail. I suppose I should be doing this anyway, but I've gotten pretty lazy riding my FS trailbike. Cheers.
    Do you normally tear sidewalls? If so, how, in what circumstances?

    I am trying to get a handle on how tire damage happens.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    41

    Sharp shale

    There's a lot of shale (sp?) where I ride. On occasion if I try to squeeze my tire between two rocks and don't quite make it all it takes is a rub and RIP! I don't tear casings too often, but when I do, Stan's has not sealed the rip. Liquid everywhere! I was fortunate on a high speed downhill that my rear tire ripped and I was able to come to a safe stop. I'd hate to think of the carnage if my front blew up.

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb22
    There's a lot of shale (sp?) where I ride. On occasion if I try to squeeze my tire between two rocks and don't quite make it all it takes is a rub and RIP! I don't tear casings too often, but when I do, Stan's has not sealed the rip. Liquid everywhere! I was fortunate on a high speed downhill that my rear tire ripped and I was able to come to a safe stop. I'd hate to think of the carnage if my front blew up.
    Related partly to line choice then (as you mentioned in your first post)? Do you (did you) have it happen when running inner tubes?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    745
    I always hear about sidewall tears but never experienced one!
    I think a sidewall tear is the tube equivalent of a snake bite. I never go lower than 35-38 psi fr a 2.1 tire (155 lbs)

    I always teared the tire on top of the thread, or maybe between the crown knobs.
    Interesting topic , maybe worth of a specific tread

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausable
    I always hear about sidewall tears but never experienced one!
    I think a sidewall tear is the tube equivalent of a snake bite. I never go lower than 35-38 psi fr a 2.1 tire (155 lbs)

    I always teared the tire on top of the thread, or maybe between the crown knobs.
    Interesting topic , maybe worth of a specific tread
    I started this thread last fall: How are you guys cutting sidewalls? (X-post 29er)
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    41

    Usually run Stans

    Don't ride with tubes that often so I couldn't comment on the frequency of tears with them.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    53
    I ripped my rear python's sidewall last year during a race. I didn't notice it until the day after when there was no air left. I know when it happened though it was near the end of the race when I hit a rock going sideways. There was a definite gash in the tube. I think with UST I may have been good to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •