Who is John Galt?

Kenda Honey Badgers

Anyone have experience with the new Honey Badgers in 26"? I'm looking for a fast roller and I really like the looks of the side knobs on this tire for cornering. I'm wondering if there's a tubeless-ready version and if so where to get it.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    They are listed as SCT (sealant compatible) which implies tubeless, but doesn't say tubeless specifically.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    No experience with the SCT, but glad Kenda is finally on that wagon.

At OP: have you looked at the Maxxis Ikons? Very similar tire and i love mine. Work great tubeless too...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    A buddy of mine uses the Kenda Honey Badger and he really likes them.

The Art's website says they are tubeless compatible so I would guess that they will work with your rims even though they are not "UST". You could always try to run them without sealant and wait a couple days before you ride them to see if any air leaks before putting sealant in.

rth009
    May 2010
    I put one (29 x 2.2) on a Stans Flow rim last night, with no sealant, aired it up to 40 psi or so, and it was still hard as a rock at noon today.

This tire sealed as easy as any tire Ive ever used tubeless on my Flow rims, with a floor pump and without seating one side bead first with a tube.

Im still going to add sealant, but maybe not as much as Ive been using with Ardents. The inside of the Honey Badger looks much more airtight than the Ardent, and I think HB is only 20 or so grams heavier.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've got these in Pro 27.5 SCT...and I'm not impressed. Cornering is mediocre on hero dirt, they are downright dangerous in the wet. They shed mud OK, but they will slip right out from under you without warning. Don't trust them at all over wet roots or roots that are dry but worn smooth. There's noticeable slip on high-speed cornering even in lightly damp clay.

They are pretty OK on semi-hardpack, and in rough stuff so far I haven't had any punctures, but they certainly aren't a good tire for all-around riding here in the desert SW/Rockies. Might be fine on slickrock though...

I think the biggest problem with them is they don't have tall enough side knobs, and the main tread is too spread out to provide much traction in anything that's not buff, hardpack loam or smooth rock.