mtbr member

Kenda honey badger vs nevegal

I am about to order some 29x2.2 tires and I have it narrowed down to these two. I'm going to run the same tire front and rear. Currently on a set of bontrager 29-1's and I absolutely hate them.

My trails are a combo of rocks, roots, light mud, loose dirt, and of course dry hard pack. The bontrager tires leave me worried about traction in ever turn, over every root, and over every rock. They roll fast but I really want better traction.

My last bike was a 26er FS with nevegals and I never remember having any issues with traction or durability. I never knew any different on that bike (came with them) so I never really had any issues with rolling resistance.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these tires? If so which would you prefer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have a FS 26" and use the honey badger pro's. I have clay hardpack mostly, with dusty loose top. I still have no confidence in hard cornering with the badgers. Slide and slip often, railed nothing so far. My older conti MK's had better cornering grip. Maybe I just need to get hard into the lean, but no good so far.

mtbr member

Kenda honey badger vs nevegal

Well I ended up with two nevegal x pros and they grip MUCH better. The weather hasn't been good enough to ride really hard yet and I've been getting used to clipless. As soon as the weather dries up some and I get confident with the new pedals I'll ride hard and update this thread.