E~Pluribus Unum

Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal 2.10 UST vs. Kenda Kinetics 2.2 UST

Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal 2.10 UST vs. Kenda Kinetics 2.2 UST

2.1 Nevegal UST 790grams
    2.1 Blue Groove UST 760

How wide are these two for 2.1's ?

Kinetics 2.2 UST 880 grams. Again how wide for a 2.2?

Since the original weights were off for the Blue groove/Nevegal UST, wondering if the true weight is 880g for the Kinetics.

Wheels are Crossmax XL (819 width wise)

Rider weight 165lbs

Bike 5 Spot. Riding Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott.

Which pair?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I would pick the Kenetics for Arizona because of the tread pattern. The width of the BG/Neve 2.1 is about the same or a bit smaller than the Kenetic 2.2.

Weight? Do not know but Kenda generally at lighter than claimed.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Young, Shawn Young
    Have to agree with Shiggy. I own all three and prefer the Kinetics for desert riding.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

EDR
    I'm in the Phoenix area.

I gotta say I hated my Kenetic 2.2 UST (on Crossmax Enduro's) on the loose granite over hardpack. . Grip was poor, I thought. But I ride XC. Now that I have Spiders on my bike I really do miss the sidewall stability of those puppies though! They are a heavy/stiff tire and maybe just too much for everyday XC'ing. My Spiders feel like mush which is good for grip but bad as it plays tricks with my mind on the really, sharp rocky, slow descents.

I must say, last winter we rode outside of Prescott up Spruce Mountain. I loved my Kendas there...where there is ACTUAL EARTH to dig in to, not just a hanfull of marbles thrown over a concrete trail!

-JB

on my 3rd wind...

I think so too

Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I'm in the Phoenix area.

I gotta say I hated my Kenetic 2.2 UST (on Crossmax Enduro's) on the loose granite over hardpack. . Grip was poor, I thought. But I ride XC. Now that I have Spiders on my bike I really do miss the sidewall stability of those puppies though! They are a heavy/stiff tire and maybe just too much for everyday XC'ing. My Spiders feel like mush which is good for grip but bad as it plays tricks with my mind on the really, sharp rocky, slow descents.

I must say, last winter we rode outside of Prescott up Spruce Mountain. I loved my Kendas there...where there is ACTUAL EARTH to dig in to, not just a hanfull of marbles thrown over a concrete trail!

-JB
    I used Kenetic 2.2 UST (non Sticky-E version) as a rear tire for about 3 o 4 months and I have agree that they don't grip as well on the sandy or loose granite over hard pack. Big knobby tread didn't hook up well on the loose stuff. However they do have very stiff sidewall and grip very well on the rocky or babyhead trail. You do feel bit of rolling resistance on the hardpack but its grip level is very good...once again due to big knobby tread. I personal favorite is Conti Vert 2.3 UST for loose stuff over hard pack to hard pack...just very expensive and their size is bit under sized for 2.3. I am going to try Nevagal 2.1 UST next. I hear good things about the non-UST version and their 2.1 is like 2.2 or 2.3 compare to other brand. Will see...

STH

Adobo Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    I used Kenetic 2.2 UST (non Sticky-E version) as a rear tire for about 3 o 4 months and I have agree that they don't grip as well on the sandy or loose granite over hard pack. Big knobby tread didn't hook up well on the loose stuff. However they do have very stiff sidewall and grip very well on the rocky or babyhead trail. You do feel bit of rolling resistance on the hardpack but its grip level is very good...once again due to big knobby tread. I personal favorite is Conti Vert 2.3 UST for loose stuff over hard pack to hard pack...just very expensive and their size is bit under sized for 2.3. I am going to try Nevagal 2.1 UST next. I hear good things about the non-UST version and their 2.1 is like 2.2 or 2.3 compare to other brand. Will see...

STH
    I just started riding the nevegals ust's in front and back. Like them a lot. Great grip in the corners, not to bad in the straight rolling resistance considering the big knobbies. I'm toying with the idea of going with a blue groove ust in front like people suggest. Any idea why they would like that tire up front?