sweet!

Joe's Super Sealant in non-UST tires

In the last 3 weeks I've had 3 flat tires, so I've decided to go "ghetto tubeless". I've just received in the mail, 2 new Schwalbe 20" BMX tubes with removable core presta valves, and a bottle of Joe's Super Sealant. I'm going to mount Kenda Kozmik Lite II tires (non-UST) onto WTB Speed Disc XC rims.
    Looking at the bottle of Joe's sealant, I noticed it said "For use in tubeless tires and innertubes" Does that mean that I shouldn't use Joe's sealant in my non- UST tires?

Cheers
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez

Ride the dream
    Many people do use sealants (joes, stans etc) in non-tubeless tires.

I dont trust ghetto conversions at all, I would only use tubeless tires (either UST or tubeless ready) because of the stronger beads.

If you're going to use a totally standard tire, I would advise against using one with a crazy-thin sidewall (like, for example, the KL2's that you have).

The important things about tires designed to be run tubeless are suitable sidewalls and stronger beads.
    The bead on that KL2 might work, but it might not - the sidewall will almost certainly be too thin though (ie: it will probably leak so much fluid that it wont seal) and will be likely to get cut very easily too.

If you're going to go with a conversion (which you have to with that rim), and you're wanting something super-fast rolling (and narrow) like the tire you have, then you'll almost certainly want to get something designed for tubeless.
    In particular because tires so narrow and fast rolling tend to be made deliberately very lightweight, and this means that the casings are very thin (and you're unlikely to find a tire of the size and rolling resitance you want that has a suitably thick sidewall) thus I would suggest the only way to get the sidewall you want is to get something designed to be used that way.

sweet!
    Thanx English T for your input, I totaly understand what you are saying about the ghetto tubeless, and tires with thin sidewalls and light beads. So I decided to throw caution to the wind, and mount them Kozmiks "ghetto style" using the Joe's sealant, and so far so good.
    It was a 20 min. job per tire, put 70ml Joe's in each tire, I was able to seat the beads with just a couple pumps with a floor pump, and the beads and sidewalls both sealed instantly.
    I then went for a 10 mi ride with no problems. The only thing I noticed is that the "tubeless" setup made an already fast tire, into a super fast tire, however long term reliabitity has yet to be seen, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks again.

Cheers
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez

Ride the dream
    Just for future reference (for if your converted KL's fail, which could be fairly soon)...

I dont think you can get KL's tubeless ready (correct me if I'm wrong) - so heres a few recommendations (that I can vouch for as being good tires) of narrow, super-fast-rolling tires that you can get with tubeless beads and suitable casings:

-Hutch Python UST
    -Hutch Cobra UST
    -Geax Mezcal TNT
    -Michelin XCR dry2 tubeless
    -Nokian NBX-lite UST
    -(etc)