Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nagle View Post
    I got a spacer or shim from Bike Hub Store which took up this space, if I understand you correctly. The fellow there will know exactly what you need.
    Yep, hubs should have a shim/spacer on them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    Going to grab some of these hubs for a WTB asym i29 build, but unfortunately I'm stuck with QR dropouts. Since it's a hardtail, I'll probably go with standard QR dropouts in back, but can't help but wonder if I should go with the 9mm thru-axle up front or one of the 15mm to 9mm QR axle adapters linked to previously. Main concern is clamping down the QR and preloading the cartridge bearings. I looked at the bitex website, and it looks like the axle ends are locked down to prevent side compression when clamping with a QR.
    They do 9x100 and 10x135 thru axles now, you just have to ask. I have them on my cross bike and I highly recommend them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nagle View Post
    I got a spacer or shim from Bike Hub Store which took up this space, if I understand you correctly. The fellow there will know exactly what you need.

I had a pair of 29" Stan's Flows built on these hubs in spring, and so far they have been fine. They seem plenty smooth and free-spinning. They have a solid "feel" and sound, but are nice and quiet. I can tell a King hub from fifty yards away, by the annoying buzz. I am very happy with my Bike Hub Store hubs.
    This. I actually forgot to put the spacer on the first time I put the cassette on, had a lot of play as well. Put the spacer on and fixed the issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    They do 9x100 and 10x135 thru axles now, you just have to ask. I have them on my cross bike and I highly recommend them.
    I ended up getting QR in back and the 9mmx100mm front thru-bolt front hub. Now I just need to get a through bolt that doesn't cost as much as the hub. Really wish BHS sold one. Hard to find the DT Swiss through bolt for less than $45.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    Hard to find the DT Swiss through bolt for less than $45.
    Hadley Thru bolts are around $30 and I'm sure you could find something on the line.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    The flange spacing is wider – new mold. It’s not accomplished by axles/endcaps. Now, on the front – they’re still working on this. The temporary solution is 15x110mm end caps for the MTB180
    Has anyone found these 15x110 end caps? I don't see them on their website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR-33 View Post
    Hadley Thru bolts are around $30 and I'm sure you could find something on the line.
    I just bought a Sixpack Racing Nailer 2 10x135 thru bolt, there don't seem to be many options in that size.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shenvatele View Post
    Alternate Plan B

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up on these hubs, very pleased with the feel and quality, especially for the cash. Laced up great, and feel 10x better than the stock Spec hi/lo hubs they replaced. Lighter too! Wound up at 1850g with wheelsmith db14 spokes and Roval alloy fattie 650b 30mm ID rims.

turtles make me hot
    Nice!!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shenvatele View Post
    as far as I know they only have 20mm axle end caps in the 110mm width. You might need to call and confirm.

just took mine out for the maiden ride the other day installed by l-b on a set of their 38mm 650b cf rims and the new e*13 9-42t cassette.

Initially very, very impressed ...

n00b
    MTB270, 40 Sapim Race spokes, 40 brass nipples. 10% off comes out to $139!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Initial Thoughts BikeHubStore MTB270 & MTB180 hubs-img_20151231_140116.jpg  

instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    20x20 on MTN wheels? Taco special?

Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    MTB270, 40 Sapim Race spokes, 40 brass nipples. 10% off comes out to $139!

n00b
    just doing the rear wheel for now. ordered extras for the hell of it
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    just doing the rear wheel for now. ordered extras for the hell of it
    Smart man. I do the same thing!!

Built up my 2nd set of these hubs a few weeks ago. Running good. Just last night I installed the XD driver (had the hubs ship with standard 9/10 driver). So easy. Took 10 minutes. Loving the versatility of these. And inside the hub is so simple. Can't wait to get more miles on em.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    @Erock503 Oh my!! Just exactly in my case, but a 29er. I own the very same roval with hi bye hub and wanting to try higher poe but 24h f /28h r hub is a pain to find replacement with. I'm considering hard to buy BHS hubs to relace with the roval rims. I think Im gonna give it a go! Hope it had worked well for you.

P.S. I realised you were the one recommended me these. Cheers mate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Culwen View Post
    @Erock503 Oh my!! Just exactly in my case, but a 29er. I own the very same roval with hi bye hub and wanting to try higher poe but 24h f /28h r hub is a pain to find replacement with. I'm considering hard to buy BHS hubs to relace with the roval rims. I think Im gonna give it a go! Hope it had worked well for you.

P.S. I realised you were the one recommended me these. Cheers mate.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Looks like its not up on their website, I emailed them with questions...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    About 500 miles in on these hubs and zero problems. Has anyone had any problems yet? Particularly with heavy use? I am considering using these on my next wheel build for my downhill bike.

I currently thrash the pizz out of them on my trail bike and zero problems, so I am hopeful it'll be a good move for the dedicated lift bike as well. Thoughts?

turtles make me hot
    I'll be doing a 190mm fat hub in 29+ wheels. I weigh about 250, so if anyone's going to hurt one, it'll be me.

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not expecting any problems.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Looking at building my first wheelset and I think I have narrowed it down to BHS hubs and WTB frequency I25 rims for my SB66, anyone have advice on spoke length? DT, sapim, or wheelsmith? I am trying to use the spoke calculator but I have got something different everytime I put them in.
    2013 Yeti Sb66

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12 View Post
    Looking at building my first wheelset and I think I have narrowed it down to BHS hubs and WTB frequency I25 rims for my SB66, anyone have advice on spoke length? DT, sapim, or wheelsmith? I am trying to use the spoke calculator but I have got something different everytime I put them in.
    Ha, that's exactly what I built (assuming 26".) Got Sapim Lasers, can't tell you exactly what lengths where but from the invoice it looks like I ordered 35x258, 18x260, and 18x262.
    Built up fine, thought it was only my second wheelset build so I probably wouldn't know if spoke length was less than ideal unless something was obviously wrong.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Just popped in to say mine are going great. In the process of swapping over to another frame going from 15 to 20mm in the front and QR to 12 x 142mm in the rear. So simple and easy.

Awesome customer service, great product, low price. Can't seem to go wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownRider View Post
    as far as I know they only have 20mm axle end caps in the 110mm width. You might need to call and confirm.

just took mine out for the maiden ride the other day installed by l-b on a set of their 38mm 650b cf rims and the new e*13 9-42t cassette.

Initially very, very impressed ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Oh, and here's a video on how to swap from QR to 12x142 rear hub axle in case anyone ever needs it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=blZzf12udNA

Whatever you do, don't lose or forget to replace the small spacer/washer between the drive hub and the wheel hub!

I didn't even gave to remove the (XD) cassette from the hub when doing my rear axle conversion. That's how easy it was.
    Last edited by TheUnknownRider; 03-05-2016 at 02:57 AM.

gone walk about
    I joined the party with the 180 & 270 hubs in ano blue for my new ride and will get some riding in once all assoc goodies come for the project.

mtbr member
    I'm still so happy w/ these hubs on my cross bike. Just perfect.
    Light, cheap, work well.

So I wanted some for the fat bike but BHS isn't there yet w/ the 177 hubs.
    Had to go Salsa. Sigh.... so sad. And heavy.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chicken Bones View Post
    As they wear, their sound gets louder.
    Still isn't as bad as a Hope, but I dropped some grease in this eve to hopefully quiet it down a bit.

Just an FYI for the new buyers.
    Had the same experience. When I recently did the axle conversion I packed the ratchet and pawls with fresh grease. It's as quiet as a mouse now. I'm sure it'll come back eventually, but if/when it does I'll just pull the drive hub to rinse and repeat again with fresh grease.

Rocks belong
    Weird. Of the two MTB270's I'm currently running, the older one is quieter.

And I'd recommend that you don't use grease. I'd recommend that you get some Phil's Tenacious Oil. Clean everything (WD40 is a great solvent, but don't spray so much that you wash out the bearings!) and then add just a couple drops of Phil's... maybe one small drop on each pawl.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

n00b
    Don't have a ton of miles on mine but so far so good.
    Sound doesn't bother me at all. I'd actually like them to be louder. haha
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    It doesn't get that cold here (80*F now) and as long as it (Park Polylube 1000, not super thick) doesn't get sticky of gummy I'm having difficulty seeing how it can hurt? Some manufacturers don't recommend it (DT Swiss), but other people have used it successfully.

mtbr member
    Ive used whatever happens to be hanging around the garage at the time for my bhs hubs, for the pawls.

Everything from marine grease, weird thick marine grease, super thin grease, normal bearing grease, synthetic grease, 5wt suspension oil, 5w40 engine oil. wd40 once, for a ride.

... it all works. They're so not picky its amazing. Just dont go crazy and pack the thing full of any grease. Just a thin coat and you're good.

mtbr member
    I think the grease type won't make a big difference.
    NFBD at all.
    Last edited by Johnny Chicken Bones; 03-05-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Not an inexperienced kid and will take my chances. Rode like a champ today. If it starts to have issues I'll know where to start making changes. Worst case new parts or hub, so nbfd to me.
    Last edited by TheUnknownRider; 03-11-2016 at 07:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Experienced and extensive?
    Well... Shut the front door.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

gone walk about
    yup, yup shut the front door!!

turtles make me hot
    I use Phil's Tenacious oil on the freehubs in Hope and BHS hubs. Works fine in both.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Let me get my walker through first ... shuffle, shuffle, shuffle ...

theunknownoldfart

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What are the odds that we'll get Sram Torque cap compatibility on the front hubs.... I hear the Hope ones are due any day now

turtles make me hot
    Send Brandon an e mail. He'll answer you.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    So these have a high engagement? I am super curious about them. I have a DT 240s rear and a Hugi FR front on my current wheels. I want to build a new set with spank hoops that are for trail and all mountain use. Will these hold up to the abuse?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals On View Post
    So these have a high engagement? I am super curious about them. I have a DT 240s rear and a Hugi FR front on my current wheels. I want to build a new set with spank hoops that are for trail and all mountain use. Will these hold up to the abuse?
    yes
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

mtbr member
    I'd have to say yes also. They have high engagement, are mostly stout for hard work, and bomber for plenty of it.
    They are way light (can't remember my original post, very close to the 240 weights) and easy to change to some different standards.
    I see no reason you won't be happy w/ em.
    Get em. Ride em. If they blow up somehow bizarre- please let us know.

-JCB
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So has anybody built a set with these hubs and 29" WTB Aysm i29s? I am curious what you used for your spoke lengths. I did my calculations for the rear hub last night, I want to make sure I am doing it right. I got 292mm on both sides

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I will be building a 29" WTB Asym I29 wheelset for my co-work next week. For the rear we bought 292 NDS and 291 DS to go with Sapim force and 14mm sapim polyax nipple. 292 will work too but 291 is a better fit with spoke stretch.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ckspeed View Post
    I will be building a 29" WTB Asym I29 wheelset for my co-work next week. For the rear we bought 292 NDS and 291 DS to go with Sapim force and 14mm sapim polyax nipple. 292 will work too but 291 is a better fit with spoke stretch.
    awesome thanks. Better to be a little shorter than too long. What did you go with for the front?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    292mm for the front on American classic iso hub 15x100.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    gotcha, thanks. That hub is probably a little different than the BHS, but 292 seems pretty close. I will measure either way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I've been using them hard for a year with no major problems. Each time I install the rear wheel I make sure the two axle halves are snug, otherwise there can be lateral play which you'll notice as brake disk rub or poor shifting. I built mine up with 28h LB 38mm 29er rims and Sapim Race spokes. I recently broke one rear NDS spoke at the elbow, which is very unusual for me, not sure of the cause (I've had a number of good crashes, though). I don't have much experience with the Sapims and may go back to DT Comps for future builds.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    BHS front has 2 different PCD, 58mm NDS and 45mm DS.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mackintosh View Post
    I've been using them hard for a year with no major problems. Each time I install the rear wheel I make sure the two axle halves are snug, otherwise there can be lateral play which you'll notice as brake disk rub or poor shifting. I built mine up with 28h LB 38mm 29er rims and Sapim Race spokes. I recently broke one rear NDS spoke at the elbow, which is very unusual for me, not sure of the cause (I've had a number of good crashes, though). I don't have much experience with the Sapims and may go back to DT Comps for future builds.
    I have good luck using Sapim Force spokes. Not the lightest spokes, but im not skinny either. Its easier for me to drop pounds on myself than it is the bike lol. I tend to lean towards durability over weight.

BHS front has 2 different PCD, 58mm NDS and 45mm DS.
    yes, you are correct.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Can anybody measure or name the length of the freehub? I couldn't find anything and I'm still not sure, if a 11s road cassette will fit on the mtb270.

turtles make me hot
    I believe it will. I'll measure it when I get home.

I have to use a shim to put a 10 and 11 speed mtb cassette on there.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I can if you tell me exactly where to measure from. I have a set of calipers at home.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post

Yep, i use the shim that they give you with the hub for my 10 spd

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Bitex : MTB hub,BMX hub,SHOW hub,FOLDING hub,CHILD hub, Wheelchair hub

The difference between 42.6mm and 5.85mm = 36.75mm = 1.447"
    Thats the length, which is needed.

Non 11s road hubs should have a length of ~34.95mm = 1.376"

Here's a better comparison:
    11-Speed Road Bike Hubs Versus 10-Speed - Tech Breakdown - Bikerumor

upper side: 11s road
    lower side: 10s road / 11s mtb

mtbr member
    Bitex now has stainless inserts for their freehubs. They also have steel and titanium freehub bodies!

This is straight from bitex, but bhs carries the brand. Hopefully we'll see them start offering these pretty soon.

High engagement, good bearings, and a titanium freehub body sounds like it might leave a big impression in the market.

turtles make me hot
    Nice!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    This is turning out to be great news all arround.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

turtles make me hot
    Not only are they making steel and titanium freehub bodies, they have one where all six pawls work together instead of two sets of three.
    Probably half the engagement but heavy duty!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Nope- Mine are laced to WTB KOM. Couldn't help anyway, no idea on spoke length.
    I'd be guessing at best.

-JCB
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    High engagement, good bearings, and a titanium freehub body sounds like it might leave a big impression in the market.
    sounds like WI xmr hubs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    so for spoke lengths I need 291. Wheel pro says 291.1, 290.8. Cant find any 291, only 290 and 292. Round down right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

where did you get the sapim force 291? I can only find it in 290 and 292

turtles make me hot
    I almost always round up but I'm heavy so I like it when the spokes poke out the back of the nipples by a thread or two.
    I'd go 292 on that.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    where did you get the sapim force 291? I can only find it in 290 and 292
    We ordered 292s from thorusa.com and call them to cut 17 of the 292 to 291mm, no charge like bikehubstore.com. Like I mentioned before, 292mm will worked, just going to stick out of the nipple head about .5mm.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

mtbr member
    Spokes poking out the back of the nipple?
    Now that's funny for me. I've always rounded shorter. Laced up plenty of wheels.
    Certainly no pro but have built plenty.
    Then this spring I pull the carbon rimmed SS off the hooks for a desert trip. 4 broken spokes!
    Weird. Figured something must have fallen against it in out little home.
    Nope- after pulling the tape off during the repair I found several little bits of the nipple collar. All mushed up, sometimes like a little taco.

Now I get it. As usual- all the knowledge of others is useless to me. I had to wait for broken nips to learn this lesson.
    Yes- spoke should just reach ta the end of the nipple. Well- esp if you're running alloy nips.
    Was told by one of the pros in that lacing world that it's not an issue with brass.

-JCB
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    We ordered 292s from thorusa.com and call them to cut 17 of the 292 to 291mm, no charge like bikehubstore.com. Like I mentioned before, 292mm will worked, just going to stick out of the nipple head about .5mm.
    Cool, thorusa is my go to spoke place

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Just sent them an email, this is the response I got:

sorry
    only come in even sizes ... one mm difference makes no difference in a wheelbuild.... just round up or down depending on the measurement you got

even if we cut there is always a plus minus of 1 mm Smile

Thanks Thor

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guess I will do 292 instead

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'll find out tomorrow evening if they really cut to 291 that my coworker called in for.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

turtles make me hot
    I buy spokes from a guy on line that cuts to any whole number.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I buy spokes from a guy on line that cuts to any whole number.
    does he have a website you can share?

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    cool thanks

Merendon Junkie
    Has anyone tried the new Bitex BX106R sold on BHS? I am considering them because of the centerlock interface. They are lighter than the 270s, dont know about the internals though. Engagement? Durability? If anyone has tried it, would you mind sharing your impressions?

This is a link to the hub on the bhs website.
    Bitex BX106R Rear Center Lock Disc Hub

Name:  zadni-mtb-centerlock-naboj-bx106r-28-der-shimano-11s-j-bend-jb-cerny-bitex-logo_ig2014.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  13.4 KB

Cheers

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by abelfonseca View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Bitex BX106R sold on BHS? I am considering them because of the centerlock interface. They are lighter than the 270s, dont know about the internals though. Engagement? Durability? If anyone has tried it, would you mind sharing your impressions?

This is a link to the hub on the bhs website.
    Bitex BX106R Rear Center Lock Disc Hub

Name:  zadni-mtb-centerlock-naboj-bx106r-28-der-shimano-11s-j-bend-jb-cerny-bitex-logo_ig2014.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  13.4 KB

Cheers
    I'm sure it's exactly the same internally as the others. Send Brandon an E mail to be sure.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Which nipples allow the spoke to protrude out the top?

I just tried to do a wheel build with Sapim D-Light spokes and Sapim hex head nipples. I was planning on having the spokes protrude out the back of the nipple by about 1mm on one side. I was shocked to find out that the spoke "bottoms out" at the very top of the hex head nipples. I know it's not the spoke, because on the D-Light spokes the butting starts immediately behind the threads. I actually rounded up because I had heard that Sapim spokes could be threaded all the way through.

I'm thinking of getting Sapim or Wheelsmith double-square nipples for my next build. They have a longer than normal threads, and should allow spokes to be slightly longer and still fully engage.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Has anyone paired these with 29" WTB ST i25? These are the measurements I came up with on spoke length with a ERD of 603 on the WTB rims.

Front :
    Left spoke length: 291.2
    Right spoke length: 294.5
    Rear :
    Left spoke length: 292.3
    Right spoke length: 291

Thinking of going with all 292 on the rear | 16 - 292 and 16 -294 on the front. All Sapim Race with 12mm brass polyax nipples.

(appreciate any help... I am new to wheel building)

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I got an email reply from Brandon and he liked my measurements. I guess I am just wondering if you guys, based upon experience with the weird flange size differences on the front hub, think my rounding will work?

turtles make me hot
    It'll work fine.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Does anyone know if the axle caps/conversion caps on the BHS hubs are interchangeable with Stan's? I just got a new bike and it has ZTR crests 15mm & 12x142 but I want to swap my BHS/Freq i23 set onto the new bike, and put the crests on the old bike which is QR. I know the caps from my old Mavics worked on another brand I had for a short time, can't recall which brand.
    I have the BHS adapters and Stan's front QR caps, but trying to avoid having to order a Stan's rear adapter kit for $30+.

Edit: They are not interchangeable, looks like I'm buying the QR axle.
    Last edited by Jerz_subbie; 08-24-2016 at 07:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What is the POE of the BHS MTB270 hub?

I'm building a new wheelset and am curious if this one is more than my stans 3.30 12x142 hub.

mtbr member
    It's been a while since I posted on these hubs.
    But I don't know the answer to your question.
    I guess I'd put them about the same as my DT 240s hubs. (engaged every 20 degrees, 18 teeth) maybe a bit better than that. Not much.
    Certainly not those insanely noisy and annoying torch hubs.

Oh- and speaking of POE- Anyone see an Onyx hub? Seems like instant POE.

I still love these hubs.
    Cheap, light, and seemingly bomb proof.

-JCBs
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You can rotate the wheel 360* and count how many clicks there are in a complete rotation. Be sure to use the wheel and not the crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    what is the poe of the bhs mtb270 hub?

I'm building a new wheelset and am curious if this one is more than my stans 3.30 12x142 hub.
    54 poe
    Rigid SS 29er
    Fat Lefty
    SS MonsterCross
    SS cyclocross
    all steel

"Fully rigid" isn't a thing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Awesome. Significantly more than my stans 3.30.

Is it a loud hub? Like bees?

n00b
    na, it's not super loud.
    Im happy with mine for sure
    instagram@krigloch

turtles make me hot
    Awesome. Significantly more than my stans 3.30.

It's also not total junk like a Stan's hub.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    It's louder than some, and not nearly as loud as a King, Hope, or annoying i9 Torch.
    Have I already overstated how annoying a Torch is to be near?

Sorry!

-JCBs
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

wanna ride bikes?
    I'd say it's a medium sound on the clicky scale. it's nothing like I9's, but not silent like others. somewhere in the middle.

I'd check youtube for videos if your still curious.
    Rigid SS 29er
    Fat Lefty
    SS MonsterCross
    SS cyclocross
    all steel

"Fully rigid" isn't a thing.

mtbr member
    It's loud enough that I can back pedal to get hikers to hear me coming. Not nearly loud enough to be annoying while coasting. I don't notice it when I'm in the groove of a fun trail.

Similar to a dt hub I suppose, but almost 3 times faster engagement.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It's also not total junk like a Stan's hub.
    SOLD

Rocks belong
    I have yet to kill a MTB270

(Knock on wood)

turtles make me hot
    Yeah.. I have a Hope Pro4 on my bike and my son is on a BHS. He digs that it sounds like mine but a little quieter and slightly higher pitched.

My 20" wheeled Dahon folder that I commute on has a BHS hub on the rear wheel. That thing buzzes cool as hell when I coast really fast.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    I have yet to kill a MTB270

(Knock on wood)
    How many and how long?

mtbr member
    I sold about 100 myself. I saw zero come back and was never asked for pawl or fhb replacements.

I haven't seen a broken one posted. I'm sure someone has to have destroyed one by now, but failure isn't common, and there's so many of us on them now.

I stopped selling them years ago, so it's not like I have anything to gain. They're just solid.

In short, expect thousands of miles.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Does anyone have any pics of the blue hubs? I want to see how it matches up with my bike but the picture on the sight looks more purple.

gone walk about
    Does anyone have any pics of the blue hubs? I want to see how it matches up with my bike but the picture on the sight looks more purple.
    hope these help.

Initial Thoughts BikeHubStore MTB270 &amp; MTB180 hubs-dscn1754.jpgInitial Thoughts BikeHubStore MTB270 &amp; MTB180 hubs-dscn1755.jpgInitial Thoughts BikeHubStore MTB270 &amp; MTB180 hubs-dscn1756.jpgInitial Thoughts BikeHubStore MTB270 &amp; MTB180 hubs-dscn1789.jpg

mtbr member
    Damn. THose blue hubs are way better in your shots.
    Thanks for taking the time to post them.

And for the record- these hubs are still great.
    Back when I started this post- I said I'd post updates. There aren't any. They just work, all the time.

As someone above said- if there were issues w/ these? We'd know it by now.
    To me, this question is solved. Need a good light cheap hub? Get these.

-JCBs
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I agree that these are great hubs. The guys in the bike shop here were intrigued by them when I brought them by. Said they looked legit. I have been running them for over a month now. No complaints.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast