mtbr member

Industry Nine waiting line

Is anyone else waiting a long time for their I9s?

If you recieved your wheels recently, how long did you wait?

It's been 8 weeks for me, and I'm beginning to get depressed. My new bike waits in my basement. It waits for its beautiful wheels to arrive. This situation is driving me nuts. I spend time each day looking at it, turning the bars and crank, caressing the brake levers, sometimes I take it off the work stand and pretend I'm riding it. This is unhealthy behavior that must end soon. I need to know there are others who feel my pain. Is Industry Nine ruining anyone else's lives?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    what colors? if not blue, red, silver, or black, will likely take longer.

HINT: If stock color, have somebody like Chad (redbarnbicycles) or Larry (mtnhighcyclery) do your wheels for sure....they can order the spokes/hubs and lace themselves, as I am sure many other well known builders can. Last I heard, the wait at I9 is often due to lack of wheelbuilder capacity, not parts. I could be wrong so check but again, if stock colors may be way to go. Worked for me anyway (went with Chad)

mtbr member

Basic stock setup

Went with red and DT 5.1s. I didn't go through either of those guys, I have heard great things about their customer service. Mine are already ordered, and should have been here in 4 weeks, but I guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Thanks for the response

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Went with red and DT 5.1s. I didn't go through either of those guys, I have heard great things about their customer service. Mine are already ordered, and should have been here in 4 weeks, but I guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Thanks for the response
    are they already paid for? if not, fuhgedaboudit and call chad.....one of my sets is red with 5.1s

not so super...
    6-8 weeks is about normal. Maybe call to check on them first.
    Nothing to see here.

Ride or die
    I got mine last month after waiting 5 1/2 weeks. And yes like you I was engaged in some unhealthy behavior. But oooh when they came, those five and a half weeks melted away into I9 euphoria.

Though, 8 weeks seems extensive for the stock colors. I'd say that a polite check-in call to the fellas in North Carolina would not be considered pushy and might help things along.

Good luck

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have contacted them about a Lefty wheel and was helped quickly and politly. I would call and see what they can do.

Also, I think touching your bike that way is illiegal in 9 states.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

8-weeks and still waiting (all black)

mtbr member
    I've been told eight weeks for mine but I only just ordered them on Oct 28. The day after I placed my order with my LBS, I crashed the MB and broke my scapula so I have to wait at least that long before I ride again anyway. Can't wait to get them, so nice to look at too...

BTW, black Mavic 819 rims/silver spokes/black hubs.
    Cannondale Uber V 900

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

mtbr member
    Great news. Called up I9 today, awesome people to deal with! They told me my wheels were just finished and would be shipped to me soon. Can't wait for their arrival, then I can start riding my bike instead of molesting it, hopefully it's not too mentally scarred.

I was told that a shipment of their spokes was lost which had set back delivery times by a few weeks, from 4 to 8 weeks. I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Stinch- Sorry to hear about your injury, I sprained my knee early this summer, put me out of action for a few weeks on my fixie and hardtail, even longer on my DH bike. I felt like I wasted my seasons pass to Diablo because of it. Downtime sucks.

Thanks for the replies

jcard14
    Oct 2005
    Just got mine last Friday (blue enduro's), I believe it took 7 weeks for mine to arrive.....

Went tubeless with Stans...they are sweet