• 03-16-2013
    rickymitcham
    I think my tire is too big
    How much clearance do I need between my tire and fork. I just went tubelessand put a Hans demph 2.3 on the front I allways used a 2.3 before but this tire is big. It doesn't rub UT just seems to big probably about 3/8 clearance. I really wanna run this tire I have rode on it it seems ok am I going to be ok.
  • 03-16-2013
    Stuart B
    I run 2.3 Muddy mary and on my RS revelation its probably something similar clearance wise and is fine.

Shwalbe tend to be nearer their stated size, Maxxis tend to be smaller in my experience.
  • 03-16-2013
    rickymitcham
    I had a Wtb weirwolf 2.3 on it and it's alot smaller. By the way the fork is a reba race.
  • 03-16-2013
    aerius
    Let all the air out of your fork and bottom it out all the way. If the tire doesn't hit the crown you're good to go. It's not going to be fun if you ride it through mud but other than that you shouldn't have any issues.
  • 03-16-2013
    rickymitcham
    I got a built in mud scraper. I don't ride in mud it's damaging to the trails and against the rules at most trails anyway so I should be ok
  • 03-16-2013
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rickymitcham View Post
    How much clearance do I need between my tire and fork. I just went tubelessand put a Hans demph 2.3 on the front I allways used a 2.3 before but this tire is big. It doesn't rub UT just seems to big probably about 3/8 clearance. I really wanna run this tire I have rode on it it seems ok am I going to be ok.

3/8 clearance? Inch or mm? 3/8" is lots of room.
  • 03-16-2013
    rickymitcham
    Sorry probably a little less than 3/8 inch maybe 1/4 inch
  • 03-16-2013
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rickymitcham View Post
    Sorry probably a little less than 3/8 inch maybe 1/4 inch

Gotta love these clearance estimates :bluenod:
    1/4" is still plenty of room.
  • 03-16-2013