mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Hutchinson tubeless ready & tubeless light

plan to use crossmax slr 2011 with hutchinson tubeless & tubeless ready tyre. One for the front, another for the rear. Any different installation for this 2 tubeless tyre? Do i need to use sealant for these 2 tyres ?

thanks

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Bit off topic, I liked Hutchinson tires, TORO 29 TR with sealant, but beware, they are narrow! I don't think they are sized accurately, buy a wider size than you think you need. I ended up returning last pair, until they they come out with 29 x 2.6 ( that would be actual 2.35 I am looking for I guess ).

Ow!
    I do not think Hutchinson makes any tubeless tires that do not require sealant (UST) anymore. It seems their tubeless ready and tubeless light tires both require sealant. Of course they are very light, and you only need as much sealant to coat the insides (unless concerned about thorns).

For that reason, I picked up a number of Barracudes 2.3 USTs recently--my favorite attack front tire.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    It's always a good idea to use sealant. UST or not just for flat protection. If its a UST tire you only need a little (1 scoop) and for a non UST you should use 2 scoops.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    2 scoops of Stans with the Toro 29x2.3 front (yes it is narrow) and Cobra 29x2.2 rear. This combo has worked well for me and both tires with Hardskin sidewalls. Easy to mount on Stans Crest wheels.