mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Hutchinson Protect' Air

Just got a bottle of the hutchinson sealant for free and was wondering if anyone had any experience using this type of sealant in their tubeless tyres?

I'm currently using Stans and although i haven't had any issues, i was interested to see if the Hutchy stuff is supposedly any better.

Thoughts? Experiences?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I've been using it for years, it works great(I've never used any other sealant, so I won't say it's better than anything else, I wouldn't know). There was a sealant test in Velonews some years back an the Hutchinson stuff compared very favorably to the other sealants that were on the market at the time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Here is the Velonews sealant test

With Stan's against Hutchinson you weigh best puncture resistance against low-maintenance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Protect Air is good stuff

Also been using it for years, only with UST tires. Only used one bottle for both front/rear, lasts a long time, remains liquid even after a long hot summer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the replies.

Seems the thicker stuff like Slime and the Hutchy goo are better for larger punctures, while perhaps the thinner stuff like stans is better at sealing the whole tyre and all the little pinhole punctures.
    I suppose Stans is the better choice if you're running non-ust tyres, but I dont tend to run non-UST tyres tubeless, so perhaps the Hutchy goo will be better for me.
    When the stans dries up i'll put in the hutchy goo and see how it goes.

Cheers!