mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New question here. How does this dang Ultraflate work???

I got this a year or two ago and never used it and lost the documentation of course. Yesterday we really needed it because hubby's pump valve was leaking, but we took one look at the Ultraflate head and couldn't figure out how it could possibly work on Schrader. There is nothing to depress the valve pin. I tried to pump a tube today, but nothing happens. Went to the web site and I noticed the newer models have some sort of brass air chuck attached but I don't think I ever had that.

What am I doing wrong here"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Do you have a picture of that....that we could see?

Sounds like you have a Presta head instead of Schrader on your inflator to me.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Sounds like you have a Presta head instead of Schrader on your inflator to me.
    I wonder why they would call it an "Intelligent Head" then. What is "intelligent" about Presta-only?

sadly, like the element
    Sep 2004
    Can you unscrew the pump head? If you can, most likely you can switch around a spring, seal, and a plastic piece (pointy on one end) inside and reassemble the pump and it will then pump Shraeder and vice versa.

Don't touch me!
    They have videos on their website, not sure if you can see what you need though.

http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....Category=power
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Good job!

Well I figured it out...I knew I should have played around with it when I first got it, blown some tubes up. As it was, I had a bulb in it all this time, with the handle not screwed all the way in thinking that would keep unpunctured, and when I tightened it it did not work. So I messed that one up, blew it off,then put in a fresh one & screwed the handle all the way in.

Guess that's the way you do it, go ahead and puncture the bulb ahead of time?

Then it worked, but only for so long. Is that because of the resistance put up by the valve pin in Schrader? Do you need a second bulb to get some real pressure with a Schrader?

What I don't get is, why the Schrader valves anyway? I had Presta on my old GF and I think they're more convenient, easier to empty for one thing. Can't figure out why Specialized still uses these things. I mean it's not like I have to go to a gas station to fill my tires..

Anyway, I was doing it right to begin with. Pretty slick toy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well I figured it out...I knew I should have played around with it when I first got it, blown some tubes up. As it was, I had a bulb in it all this time, with the handle not screwed all the way in thinking that would keep unpunctured, and when I tightened it it did not work. So I messed that one up, blew it off,then put in a fresh one & screwed the handle all the way in.

Guess that's the way you do it, go ahead and puncture the bulb ahead of time?

Then it worked, but only for so long. Is that because of the resistance put up by the valve pin in Schrader? Do you need a second bulb to get some real pressure with a Schrader?

What I don't get is, why the Schrader valves anyway? I had Presta on my old GF and I think they're more convenient, easier to empty for one thing. Can't figure out why Specialized still uses these things. I mean it's not like I have to go to a gas station to fill my tires..