mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Hope XC Rear Hub

Has anyone had ant problems with the freehub assy on their Hope XC hubs? I have had mine for about 6 months and while cleaning the chain one day and I noticed some grinding from the rear wheel. I removed the freehub body and it was deformed around the paw holding pockets ( not sure if that is the technical term for it), It was also chattered around the outer edge of shell. I called Hope in Texas and they sent me a replacement freehub for free. I installed the new part and went for a long ride. When I got home I had the same problem. Hope is sending me a freehub made out of stronger steel this time. I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem. Other than that the hubs are great.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

I've been using mine....

for almost 3 years now. No problem whatever. A picture is worth a thousand words, so, got a pic?

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    [IMG][/IMG]here are a few pics, my camera sucks though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericvt2
    Has anyone had ant problems with the freehub assy on their Hope XC hubs? I have had mine for about 6 months and while cleaning the chain one day and I noticed some grinding from the rear wheel. I removed the freehub body and it was deformed around the paw holding pockets ( not sure if that is the technical term for it), It was also chattered around the outer edge of shell. I called Hope in Texas and they sent me a replacement freehub for free. I installed the new part and went for a long ride. When I got home I had the same problem. Hope is sending me a freehub made out of stronger steel this time. I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem. Other than that the hubs are great.
    Thanks.
    Check the teeth in the hubshell itself for damage also. If those teeth are damaged then it won't do a bit of good to change the freehub body, you'll still have problems.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry