mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hope pro evo 2 vs white industries?

I know i have been asking about wheels for awhile now but i have it down to two.

Stan's arches with hope 2 evo hubs or white industries m16 hubs with sapim cx ray bladed spokes.

What do you guys think of the hubs?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    I have owned the Hope PROII and some older White IND speed racer hubs. I like them both, they are both great hubs and I don't think either one is going to disappoint you. that being said the Hopes are a more modern hub in construction and sealing butthe White IND has more engagement points if memory serves right.

Also take a quick look at the WTB i19's I have been using the i23's on my AM bike and they have been great and they are nicer quality than the archs that I have on my commuter bike.

mtbr member
    Same engagement. Nothing really more modern about the hopes, the WI's come in 12mm and 142 as well.

So Cal Slayin'
    I actually just finished debating between the two hubs myself. The hubs are very similar in design. Both have 24 points of engagement but the hopes have a 4 pawl system while the white ind. are a 3 pawl system. They are both easily serviced by the home bike mechanic as well. There were a few different factors that made me choose the white industry hubs over the hopes. For one, they are made in the USA and have outstanding customer service. The freehub body on the the mi6 hubs is steel from the factory. Therefore, they do not require the expensive cassettes that are on carriers. This saved me at least $90 I would have had to pay to buy a new cassette for the hopes. Also, Hopes are LOUD. I find the sound from mi6 hubs to be quieter(still not silent) and more pleasant than the hopes. As long as you can live with polished or black hubs, I think the mi6's are great.

mtbr member
    The selling point to me on the WI are the steel freehub body stock, with a Ti option for the weight weenies. You can get a steel freehub body for the Hope hubs but it costs extra.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    How do the WI m16 hubs sound?

So Cal Slayin'
    Go to YouTube and search for "mi6 hub". There are a couple of good videos that give you an idea of what they sound like. If you haven't heard a hope hub, search for that also and you will hear the difference.

beater
    As mentioned in some other threads about Hope hubs, they're considerably quieter now with the new pawl springs. I had to replace a freehub body this summer (great warranty service) and the new body came with the new springs. While riding side-by-side with a friend who also has Hopes, the difference is quite noticeable.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    I had it down to these two hubs a month ago. I ended up going with the MI6's. The reason I chose them over the Hopes is they are made in the USA, come with a steel freehub body and I loved the polished silver. They also happen to be much quieter. I'm very impressed with them so far.

Custom Wheelbuilder
    I haven't worked with the Hopes yet, but I can vouch for the Whites. The M16 is an extremely durable hub and I think it is hard to find better quality in that price range. Thats a solid US made hub with a great company to back it.
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for all of the positive votes toward the WI m16. Ordered my wheels today. I'll post pics wheel they come in

Warrior's Society
    Been happy with the Hope Pro ll and Evo's that we have on a couple of bikes.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.