mtbr member

Higher pressure tubeless question

I know one of the major reasons to go tubeless is to run at lower pressure without pinch flats, but how well does tubeless work at higher pressures?

I ride a lot of pavement commuting to work and occasionally ride to the nearest trail (10 miles of pavement each way). When on the road I run around 35-37 psi, since I'm clyde-ish. My bike has American Classic tubeless ready (pre-taped and shipped with valves) wheels and I'm running Ardent EXOs. If I pull the tubes and use sealant, will I have a problem running at higher pressure?

Thanks in advance for some insight; I just want to get the facts before I start coating things in goo.
    2013 El Mariachi Ti and a motor that needs an overhaul.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Knobby View Post
    I know one of the major reasons to go tubeless is to run at lower pressure without pinch flats, but how well does tubeless work at higher pressures?

I ride a lot of pavement commuting to work and occasionally ride to the nearest trail (10 miles of pavement each way). When on the road I run around 35-37 psi, since I'm clyde-ish. My bike has American Classic tubeless ready (pre-taped and shipped with valves) wheels and I'm running Ardent EXOs. If I pull the tubes and use sealant, will I have a problem running at higher pressure?

Thanks in advance for some insight; I just want to get the facts before I start coating things in goo.
    If the question is can i run tubeless at 35-37psi without exploding them across the garage then my answer would be yes.

Ive recently had some Mavic Crossmax STs and ran them at about 30-35psi for a full week of riding without any problems and they werent even proper tubless tyres (Continental race kings 2.0wide).

Yes i did rip a tyre but that was on rocks that just cut the sidewall (unfortunate) i found that at my weight anything less than that just felt a little flat when riding (currently 225lbs).

mtbr member
    Yes, that was the gist of the question, not enough coffee to be fully coherent yet. Thanks for the info!
    2013 El Mariachi Ti and a motor that needs an overhaul.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It will be no problem. I commonly air my tubessless tires up to 40 psi for long sections of road use, or gravel grinder type races.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me