yohyatt
    Mar 2009

High Volume REAR AM tire run tubeless

Well my 2.4 Fat Albert triple nano is just about worn out and has a bunch of sealed slits in it - and I'm looking for a new rear tire to put on my enduro.

Looking for something more durable than this tire. Would be willing to go to 900 grams - with or without UST - I'm running Flow rims.

Considered the new Mountain King 2.4 - but UST doesn't appear to have Black Chili. - Worried about protection with the fast summer months ahead in the sierras holding up well

Also - the nobby nic is 880 grams - sounds ok - but their website shows that it is less durable than the 650 gram tubeless ready one? WTF?

Maybe the 2.4 purgatory amadillo or UST -
    Armadillo is same weight as fat albert - would i be just trading rubber?

Any other Big tires for the rear?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ardent 2.4 is big volume. It's durable enough for me, casing wise, but the side knobs wear fast. Not great on the rear for me, because it loses grip under braking if not straight up or real leaned. But if you want fat, it is that.

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    yea that volume is very nice. knobs a little small for a skidder tho - your right.

maybe the new High Roller 2 in 3C would be good. just worried about the rolling resistance on that compared to the MK and NN.

pyroclastic flow
    Looking for something more durable than this tire. Would be willing to go to 900 grams - with or without UST - I'm running Flow rims.
    Also - the nobby nic is 880 grams - sounds ok - but their website shows that it is less durable than the 650 gram tubeless ready one? WTF?

26 x 2.40
    TL-Ready, SnakeSkin Black-Skin PaceStar 23-50 650 g

Snake Skin is the reason and i think they rock. I have a pair of 2.25s and they are plump esp with your wide rims. Very durable and will stay on the rims due to the fact they are stiffer.
    "THE FACT IS THIS FRICTION WILL ONLY BE WORN BY PERSISTENCE"
    2009 PIVOT MACH 4

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    Im rocking the snakeskin 2.4 FA rear right now, and looking for something more durable. Might consider the 2.4 NN UST

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yohyat View Post
    Well my 2.4 Fat Albert triple nano is just about worn out and has a bunch of sealed slits in it - and I'm looking for a new rear tire to put on my enduro.

Considered the new Mountain King 2.4 - but UST doesn't appear to have Black Chili. - Worried about protection with the fast summer months ahead in the sierras holding up well

Maybe the 2.4 purgatory amadillo or UST -
    Armadillo is same weight as fat albert - would i be just trading rubber?

Any other Big tires for the rear?
    Mountain King 2.4 Protection is both tubeless ready (RTR as Conti calls it) and Black Chili. It's a nice beefy high volume tire. I run one on the front and really like it.
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 31.9 lbs

mtbr member
    Mountain King 2.4 Protection is both tubeless ready (RTR as Conti calls it) and Black Chili. It's a nice beefy high volume tire. I run one on the front and really like it.
    I have yeti 575 as well...what rear tyre do you use?