Huckin' trails

Hep Shiggy, quick question about Bull Lock tire

I received mine in 26x2.35 and installed on my rear wheel, but I'm not sure which way to run the tire for a rear setup. Since the tire has no marking for rotation direction, it's kind of confusing on the right side to use. Right now I have it mounted with the main thread pattern going forward, so I get a grippy braking, like for a front setup, but I was wondering if I should put it backward to get a dirt digging action instead ?

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I received mine in 26x2.35 and installed on my rear wheel, but I'm not sure which way to run the tire for a rear setup. Since the tire has no marking for rotation direction, it's kind of confusing on the right side to use. Right now I have it mounted with the main thread pattern going forward, so I get a grippy braking, like for a front setup, but I was wondering if I should put it backward to get a dirt digging action instead ?

Thanks !
    Your choice. Try it both ways, see which you prefer.

I have answered this general direction question dozens of times. I usually run the "front" direction F&R.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Huckin' trails
    Thanks, tried the "front" direction today and felt like I was missing something. I'll switch and see.

Have a nice day
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!