mtbr member

Hadley Racing Hubs -- My Experience

Hi,

I just wanted to share my recent dealings with Hadley Racing Hubs. It is so rare today to experience the level of customer service I received, I thought it was worth mention.

In the past, I had multiple wheelsets built with GT (Hadley contracted) hubs and really liked their performance and durrability. In recent years, I had 2 wheelsets custom built on Hadley Racing Hubs. Unfortunately, it became clear that the shop that did my last bit of service work did not properly service the hubs (they are now out of business and not worth mention). I called Mike @ Hadley and was invited to visit the shop and have them looked at while I waited! The drive to Upland was a bit of a haul, but well worth it. It was a privilege to get a tour, see how the hubs are made and have my wheelsets gone through by the hub designer and builder. A couple of new seals, a replaced bad bearing (likely from the "grease" the shop had packed in the hub), and I left with perfect rollers.

I am very happy, both with the great product and with the outstanding customer support from a small family business.

Highly recommended
    Last edited by proxy; 05-08-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    PrOxY

Flaccid Member
    Amazing... I had the same experience today.... Called up, came down from Ventura County to Upland, again, a bit of a drive, but Mike showed me everything. New pawls, new spring and a fresh carrier, and I was in business rolling again on perfect fresh engaging hubs.

When the guy and his wife who designed, machined and assemble every single hub in a Mom and Pop full on machine shop goes through every aspect of your hub, well, you know nothing has been overlooked like might possibly happen at a bike shop, and everything is in spec like new,

I've had nothing but amazing and outstanding service in the two times I've needed to go in there. Hadley Hubs are Clyde strength tough, and if you need service, they are second to none. Sweet is the best way to describe the sound of a freewheeling Hadley hub.

Hadley doesn't need a website or need to advertise... the word of mouth about the service and quality of the product sells the product like no other.

mtbr member
    Did a full rebuild on mine a few months back, and a piece of cake. For the engagement, price and quality I love them. Too bad they don't have a website...would think that would be great for business, promotion, and future customer confidence.

mtbr member

What RandyBoy said...

I'll spare you the details, but I too have received nothing but the best customer service from Mike and Suzanne. Great product! CK

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I recently realized I have Hadley hubs on every mountain bike in my quiver... There's a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.