mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Hadley front hub XC vs DH

Ok, guys I would really appreciate some input here from someone who has first hand knowledge with these hubs.
    I'm getting a new set of wheels built up on some hadley hubs/TL28 650b rims for my trail bike and apparently there are two types of hadley front hubs and I'm not sure which one i should get.
    I'm going to be running a 15mm front axle and I understand that both versions can be converted from qr/15mm/or 20mm, but which would have the slickest solution for 15mm?
    If I was building a DH bike or a XC bike it seems the choice would be self explanitory but I would consider my riding "heavy XC", and I dont see myself ever using 20mm or standard qr. Which hub would you get?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    XC I've got 2 sets running 15mmQR perfect

Ow!
    The bearings are a bit different. I doubt you need the DH hub, but it is only a little more weight. And the DH can only be 15mm or 20mm, while the XC can be all three.

Check this for a little more info

Hadley Front Hub DH vs XC Type

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Hadley front hub XC vs DH

Thanks for the input. I was leaning towards the xc hub, but i had recieved sone input that the endcaps for the 15mm xc hub would not be as solid as the ones on the dh hub.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Hadley

I would go with the DH, get the new revision 13.1 its lighter now. The hubs have the # stamp on hub 2013 hubs are 13.1. Hadley was able to shave some unneeded weight off all their hubs. The end caps on the DH hub screw on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Hadley all the way!!

Some picts of my Hadley rear hub with Pacenti TL28 rims. Customer service with Hadley is also the best I have ever seen. Just ordered a front dh blue 15mm. This will be lighter than CK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hadley front hub XC vs DH-p1040810.jpg  

Hadley front hub XC vs DH-p1050056.jpg  

mtbr member
    Above, Damn son that looks good!
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks Dad!! Yea the anodizing quality Hadley produces is top notch. Also there free hub body is Ti and very durable. No grooves, compared to alloy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The only downside to Hadley is getting Hubs when you need them. Sometimes you may wait 3-4 weeks. But it's worth the wait!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Where do you guys buy those hadley hubs, not many shop has them, is balleracing almost the only one ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Balle is the place to get them, best price and service Eric is a good guy !! Hadley is the best hub on the market. The newer hubs are lighter than the older ones.

Ow!
    Quote Originally Posted by taikuri View Post
    Where do you guys buy those hadley hubs, not many shop has them, is balleracing almost the only one ?
    If I was buying new, I would look at Balle Racing, but I would also look at Bike Bling, Tree Fort, and Universal. Not only would I check price (possible sale/discount), but availability. My emphasis would be with Balle just because I use them to figure out axle conversions for the different models (because Hadley doesn't have a site). Watch out for Bike Bling though--if not in stock, it could take a while.

But, I have bought about 5 hubs, and all used from ebay. Only one was a problem, but it was very inexpensive and just had to replace the two shell bearings. Ebay has some new hubs too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Go for Balle!

Don't spend time on Bike Bling. Got a great offer from them, but they where not able to deliver and didn't even bother to respond to my emails.

mtbr member
    I have been running either hadley or king rear hubs for years as the quality of both is excellent and I really appreciate the 72 points of engagement on the local technical trails. As far as front hubs go I really have not given them much thought. That said I have mostly used hope front hubs as they are easily converted and are a reasonable price. I am now in the marked for a new front hub and wondered what advantages a hadley xc or dh would have over a hope.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1st it's 130 for the Hadley, how much is the Hope? The ano will last longer on the Hadley, the bearings will last longer. The Hadley is a stronger better made hub, but more weight !!
    Go Hadley, US made with great service if ever needed!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    1st it's 130 for the Hadley, how much is the Hope? The ano will last longer on the Hadley, the bearings will last longer. The Hadley is a stronger better made hub, but more weight !!
    Go Hadley, US made with great service if ever needed!!
    Hey dgw, a hope front hub is 92 shipped from Jenson and Erik at Balle has the Hadley's for 148 shipped so the hopes are about $56 cheaper. Who has the Hadley's for 130?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I knew the Hadley was more than the Hope, I paid 130 for my last Hadley hub at local shop in PA. I still think Hadley a better deal even with the 56 buck difference. The only other bad thing about Hadley is getting hubs when you need them. Eric is a good guy to deal with though.

mtbr member
    I knew the Hadley was more than the Hope, I paid 130 for my last Hadley hub at local shop in PA. I still think Hadley a better deal even with the 56 buck difference. The only other bad thing about Hadley is getting hubs when you need them. Eric is a good guy to deal with though.
    Yeah, I have bought both my Hadley rear hubs from Erik and I agree he is a good guy to work with. My newest Hadley rear hub is the blue anno so another plus for the Hadley over the Hope is that the colors will match.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    No real reason other than the bling factor to spend the extra $$$ on a Hadley front hub over a Hope front hub. Rear hubs, well that's a different story.