mtbr member

getting a new wheelset for S-Works Enduro

hi there!
    I'm going to get a new wheelset for the 2011 S-Works Enduro I got a month ago and am trying to get as much info as I can get before deciding on which wheels to go with.

was thinking about new Syntace W30 or W35 wheelset as they're really really light, and that company just reeks of pure quality in everything they do.

I'm planning to give my Enduro a good spanking and throw it around in air (so a bit more than just AM and bit less than freeride) so I need a good, strong and light wheelset.

I also have 2009 SX Trail and have Mavic 721 laced to Hope Pro II for it and that combo kills. for Enduro I want to go light but still very strong.

would appreciate any advice on whole wheels and builds as well.
    thanx!

Custom Wheel Builder
    Nov 2012
    How about Kings with flow's? I like using Wheelsmith DB14's 1.7mm they are thinner than comps but thicker than revo's
    How Much do you weigh? And what is your budget?

mtbr member
    been reading on Flow's with CK's on and don't know nothing about DB14's (will look into that).
    friend suggested American Classic's AM wheelset, but didn't liked something about them - don't know but they just didn't look right, dunno...

was talking to Syntace people and they're really knowledgable and answered all my questions in more than reasonable time frame (and I had lots of Q's, trust me). loving german punctuality, have to admit.

Syntace dude told me to go with W35's (35 mm outer, 28,4 mm inner measurement) if I'm over 85 kg (I'm around 90 kg) which are 1680g in 32 spoke version and mere 1595 g in 28 spokes (I don't believe in that few spokes, just wanted to give you the info on them).

was considering going for a bit narrower and lighter W30 set (30mm outer, 24,8 mm inner - 32 spokes, 1535 g) but dude told me if I'm going to push it, do drops, jumps and enduro stuff, to just take W35's - which I think I'm gonna go with.

I'm from Croatia and neighboring Slovenia has a Syntace distributor, not my country - the set costs 1000's but I'll get 10% off I'f I come and get them myself (around 130 km drive each way - and I go on business now and then to hat city anyways) and I'll get free 135x10 adaptor from them (wheelsets come in 135x12 standard)
    plus - with the tax off, I'll probably save around 20%, which is great price for this set.

plus - they give 10 years warranty. 3 years no questions asked replacement program, and after that 7 years 50% off the retail price - now that's something I call believing in your product. I love supporting companies like that.

(sorry for huge message)

Quote Originally Posted by Werks View Post
    How about Kings with flow's? I like using Wheelsmith DB14's 1.7mm they are thinner than comps but thicker than revo's
    How Much do you weigh? And what is your budget?