ಠ_ಠ

Geax Sturdy 2.25 UST (as a rear)

This tire it rocks! Traction is amazing, which is no surprise, the thing has tread for days.

Here's a report from my 1st ride on my the Sturdy 2.25 UST used as a rear:

There were two climbs I know my previous rear tires, the Maxxis CrossMark 2.1 UST and Specialized Adrenaline 2.0 2Bliss would have spun-out on. The first one was just a ball-buster hill that got really loose and steep at the top. Normally as I get tired on steep climbs I get sloppy and then my rear tires gives up causing me to click-out and I'm done. Today though, the rear tire NEVER gave up... so finally I had to; pretty goddamn amazing. Second hill was this little super steep up that normally I can do no problem as long as I have some momentum. The group I was with was taking an alternate route so I thought I'd see just how much traction I could get. With no momentum I just climbed like it was a regular hill and made it -- piece of piss!

Big meaty tires are just so much more fun. I really don't think I'll go back to lightweight pinners anytime soon. Ironically, wider tires have lower rolling resistance and my new tires rolled just fine. I'm sure they aren't as efficient as light-weight low profile XC tires, but I didn't feel like they were boat anchors by any means.

FYI - this tire was advertised at 850g, but actually weight 924g.

banned

Geax

I totally agree with you. I have run Geax tires (the Sturdy's and the Lobo Loco"s) on my Motolite and with the exception of clearance issues with the Sturdy 2.25 on the back (although a 2.1 fit fine and a 2.25 front) I have found them to be better than any tire I have used to date. And I am not even running them tubeless. I have since started scouting for some Geax Barro Marathons and other models because I like them so much. I haven't yet found a situation that the Sturdy could not get me out of as long as I had the leg power to keep pedaling. Best tires on the market

Schwinn love
    Nov 2005
    Yeah, I have the tubed 2.1 Geax Sturdy on my back wheel and it's great. Definitely the best rear So Cal tire I've tried yet. Great climber, corners well, good in loose over hardpack. I'm experimenting with the front. Maybe I'll eventually go Study front as well. Ever try that? I'm trying out a Nokian NBX this weekend, though maybe I should have gone Mibro front since those are so cheap at Pricepoint.
    As fast as Litespeed