mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Geax Saguaro, non TnT tubeless?

Has anyone had any negative issues running the non-TnT version of the Geax Saguaro 29 tubeless? The non-TnT version is cheaper but I don't want headaches over a few bucks.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I run one tubeless on bontrager tlr rims. Works well. Tight bead.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    http://Theclydeblog.org Big guy cycling product tester

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks! I was hoping to hear that they were fine.

g3h6o3
    Keep in mind the TNT version has sidewall protection too.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

transmitter~receiver
    I don't have Saguaros, but I used to (TNT) and I have also used non-TNT AKAs on the same ghetto tubeless set-up after a mis-ship. I have no hesitation using non-TNT Geax tires tubeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So is the non-folding wire bead of the non-TnT Saguaro going to be a pain in the arse to setup tubeless and will it hold as well as the TnT or should I just stick with the TnT?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I use the non TNT Saguaro on my 29er. I run them on Stan's Flow rims without incident over some fairly chunky terrain. I understand the TNT is nearly impossible to mount on a Stan's rim, or that would be my preference.
    Knock on wood, I've had success so far, and just recently mounted a fresh set after wearing the first pair out.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmap View Post
    So is the non-folding wire bead of the non-TnT Saguaro going to be a pain in the arse to setup tubeless and will it hold as well as the TnT or should I just stick with the TnT?
    Just because it's not TNT does not mean it has a wire bead; they offer both options.
    My particular two sets of tires (TNT Saguaros & non-TNT AKAs) were equally easy to set up tubeless... floor pump first time. I do prepare well and visualize success, though.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub Niner View Post
    I use the non TNT Saguaro on my 29er. I run them on Stan's Flow rims without incident over some fairly chunky terrain. I understand the TNT is nearly impossible to mount on a Stan's rim, or that would be my preference.
    Knock on wood, I've had success so far, and just recently mounted a fresh set after wearing the first pair out.
    Maybe my experience is out of the norm, but I have never had a problem mounting TNT tires on Stan's rims without tools at all.
    There is not much room for error, so you have to do everything right. Doing the valve last is something I find people tend to forget. It can make or break the install.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've heard it can be done, I'm just not so sure I want to gamble $50 on a tire to see for myself.

Short-Change-Hero
    Running GEAX Saguaro non-TNT on set of Flows (rear only) and it setup tubeless like a dream. Seriously, the thing popped on the rim with onlly a little soap and water and my hands (no irons needed), sealed up with a standard floor pump without any effort, and has held air (other than losing a psi or two here and there) for the last 3 months. Seriously a dream to setup. I have heard that the TNT versions are an absolute PITA to get on BST bead rims (Stans/Sun Ringle) but as Melting showed your experience may vary.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Maybe my experience is out of the norm, but I have never had a problem mounting TNT tires on Stan's rims without tools at all.
    There is not much room for error, so you have to do everything right. Doing the valve last is something I find people tend to forget. It can make or break the install.
    Its impossible, and your experience is undoubtedly false....as I am evidently the only one who has ever been able to mount a Geax TNT tire on a Stans rim.

See this link:
    The all mighty hath spoken

dwt
    mtbr member
    Count me in as one who has mounted TNTs (Barro Mtn.) to ZTR rim (Crest), but not as a nimble fingered ninja like mf. Tire lever(s) required. That said, EASY to seat with a floor pump, no soapy water needed, once you get them on, and they will never come off.

However, now that I've mastered mf's sure cure never fail bead sealing technique (seal from outside with mold builder) I'm more prone to mount non-tubeless tires gorilla ghetto (tape only, no rimstrip, no split tube). Running pacenti neomotos 650b and nary the slightest burp.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.