mtbr member

Geax Lobo Mas Loco

Anyone have anything to say about this tire?

I did a search - spent a good hour searching, actually, and came up with very little.

Gracias!

banned
    I have actually ridden the Lobo Loco. It has a round profile. Fairly lightweight for its size (2.3 closer to a 2.1) It rolls pretty good and the grip is really good. The nobs are taller than the Lobo Mas Loco, kind of a dry weather hardpack tire.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have both the 2,3" Lobo Loco and 2,5" Lobo Mas Loco. They may look pretty similar in pictures, but are very different.
    Lobo Mas Loco is a lot bigger than the 2,3" version, the knobs are huge and spaced quite far apart so it rolls really bad. But it has tremendous grip on most surfaces. I'd say the Lobo Loco is for general trail riding and the Lobo Mas Loco is clearly more for gravity assisted riding or for extremely difficult trail conditions. You need strong legs to use it on longer trail rides...

One thing I like about both of these tires is that they resist snake bites better than most other manufacturers models in similar size and weight range. So you can use lower pressures which makes these Geax tires roll good in rock gardens and such.