mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Fulcrum REDCarbon MTB Wheelset

Fulcrum introduces RedCarbon, the new model with carbon fibre rims dedicated to XC/All Mountain biking and weighing only 1,450 g per pair.
    RedCarbon is the result of three years of studies and tests during which Fulcrum's aim was to realize a pair of wheels that would be lighter than RedMetal Zero – the model used by Julien Absalon when he conquered the rainbow jersey at the 2007 World Championships – but with even greater performance.

go on reading

Light-Bikes - news for weightweenies

Forging Elite Awesomeness
    Thanks Light-bikes, you've just made my wheel choice for me. I was indecisive between the crossmax SLR's and the Red Metal Zero's. Looks like it's going to be the Red Carbon's.

mtbr member
    Its interresting this.

First DT Swiss came out with there carbon rims. Industry Nine are making there own carbon rims for use with there hubs/spokes and now we have these.

People say its a stupid design but think about it, for release to the public they would have gone through rigerious testing and prototyping, they will be tough enough just expensive.

It's a good thing though, with so many versions available it will drive the market forward and they should undergo enhancements - making them tougher and lighter.

I must admit i would trust a carbon rim anyday over a Stans ZTR Race - those things are just "too light" for alloy.

ups and downs
    They're 200gms heavier than the DT-Swiss XR-1250's, I wonder where the weight is?

Any word on expected price of the Fulcrum compared to the $1500+/pr for the DT Swiss?

Forging Elite Awesomeness
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffster
    Industry Nine are making there own carbon rims for use with there hubs/spokes
    Any info on these?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffster
    Its interresting this.

Industry Nine are making there own carbon rims for use with there hubs/spokes and now we have these.
    isn´t that for the the road wheels?

mtbr member
    Not according to what i heard from a source close to I9.