mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Freddie's Revenz Rotation Direction

I just got finished installing my Nokian Freddie's Revenz tires onto my wheels, and I realized I had the tire direction backwards. But many tires have a direction for the front, and a separate direction for the rear. Does anyone have any insight on which rotation directions I should be using for the front and rear with these tires? I want to make sure I have excellent traction on ice for both acceleration an braking.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have always run my Freddies both the same direction and in their intended direction. At my much slower pace on snow / ice I do not think it makes much of a difference.

Beware that these will not make you Superman, they help but you can / will still fall. One can not overcome physics / gravity. If I bike with others who choose not to invest in quality studded rubber there is a night and day difference. They get so mad, and it is kinda fun to watch them fall much more often.

Rob

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GoremanX
    I just got finished installing my Nokian Freddie's Revenz tires onto my wheels, and I realized I had the tire direction backwards. But many tires have a direction for the front, and a separate direction for the rear. Does anyone have any insight on which rotation directions I should be using for the front and rear with these tires? I want to make sure I have excellent traction on ice for both acceleration an braking.

Thanks,

Experiment, I have found no real difference.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the feedback!

The reason I'm asking is because I'm running these tubeless, and I'd rather not have to deal with the messiness of the sealant again if it's not necessary. I only have the front tire rotating the "wrong" way.

I guess I'll try out different things this winter!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GoremanX
    Thanks for the feedback!

The reason I'm asking is because I'm running these tubeless, and I'd rather not have to deal with the messiness of the sealant again if it's not necessary. I only have the front tire rotating the "wrong" way.

I guess I'll try out different things this winter!

Yeah I ran mine tubeless...worked fine after a while I didn't need the Stans...