mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Enve tubeless kit

I ordered a set of enve 29 am rims. Do they come with the enve tubeless kit (stem and tape) or do you have to buy it separately. Also, will a Stan's tubeless kit work instead? I would worry the Stan's stem is not long enough for the deap dish of the rims. Thanks!

Custom Wheelbuilder
    The rims do not come with a tubeless kit. You will have to buy the tape and some valves. If you want to use Stans you can too.
    Last edited by Zen Cyclery; 12-02-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

Fat & Single
    The valves enve rims use are 50mm long. Make sure you get valves long enough to clear through the rim void and stick out enough to air up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enve tubeless kit-enve-tubeless-valve.jpg  

Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Ninja Master Powers
    I just got a set of Enve wheels last week.

Both the valves and the tape come with the wheels. If you look at their website you will see that every Enve wheelset comes with the tubeless kit.

It took me about 15 minutes to tape and install the valves on both wheels.

Once that was done my Hans Dampf's which I have been running with tubes on my old wheel set went right with a floor pump.

Got my first ride on the new wheels today . More than worth the price of entry!

Fat & Single
    The OP is only buying rims, not a complete wheelset.

I got the tape and valves with my wheelset too. I would also have thought as it was a special valve that it would have been included.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I did buy the rims only, hence the question. They do come with complete wheels. I would hope they are included with rims as well given what they charge.