11 is one louder than 10

Enve 29er AM + DT swiss hubs a brief review (from a king die hard)

I got a killer deal on some Enve 29er AM wheels with DT swiss hubs. I've been riding King hubs for at least 15 years now on my MTB's religiously.

First Carbon Rims.

I have to say, yes they are killer. I like the weight, love the width, but adore the stiffness. Honestly to me the biggest difference is the stiffness of the wheels. My last set (for sale now) was a really nice set of Chris King hubs, 135 x 10 rear, 20mm front, stans flows, 32 spokes, built by dave at speed dream. Very nice wheels. However the Enves are stiffer. The biggest difference I notice thus far is in high speed corners. I can just hold a line longer, and have more confidence in staying off the brakes. I am 190lb+.

The weight is great, and the width really lets the Racing Ralphs flatten out.

DT Swiss 240 hubs vs Kings.

These are currently the 18pt engagement. I absolutely notice a difference in the engagement speed. Primarily on techy climbs (of which we don't have a ton in Michigan) but also after exiting high speed downhills where I may have been in a low gear climbing and I haven't shifted to a higher gear yet.

The DT swiss do really roll smoothly, I don't think there is really a difference in speed etc, but they do seem to roll more smoothly. Kings were also excellent though.

I do miss the engagement however. I suspect I will go to the 36pt engagement here soon.

Will it matter once I get used to them - hard to tell. Just different hubs, but both very nice.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    That's my dream set... Now all I need is the money.