mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Easy fix to patch slight tears in tires?

I got a 4mm or so cut in the tread of my Racing Ralph with snake skin last night and all of the stans came out without it sealing. I hit it with C02 and seemed to seal pretty well and babied it the rest of the way on what turns out to have been 18psi. Back at the car I put in 2oz of stans and aired it back up. Rode it a little ways and stans started coming out but rode a little more and it stopped. Rode the rest 6 miles or so without any problems.

I was wondering if I could use super glue to put in the cut and try to seal it up. Should I just leave it alone and hope that it is good? I have been getting a lot of seepage pin holes on the tread the last month or so. Will super glue not work well with rubber? As in break it down?

Is booting the inside the best option?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I patched a side wall cut with super glue and it held up for months before it blew out on a big jump. I just put more superglue on it. This was all done from the outside with out taking the tire off the rim. I was trying to prevent having to take the tire off and it works pretty good. Let all the air out of the tire and clean the outside as best as you can. The first time I used rubbing alchol and then put the glue on and let it dry. My slash was about 1/2" long and stans wouldn't close it alone.