mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Easton Offering an upgrade kit for M1 equipped wheels!

Hello, this is probably old news but I thought I would post it anyway. Easton has been having trouble with their M1 Hubs where the preload adjuster is coming loose and now offer an upgrade kit free to original owners to remedy the problem. Not sure how much they are if you have a second hand set or if they were bought from an "unauthorized" dealer? Here's a linkthat includes a video showing how to install the kit; Easton Announces Bearing Spacer Upgrade Kit for M1 Mountain Bike Hubs | Easton-Bell Corporate Newsroom

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just an update on my post above, I contacted Easton customer service and they said that If the model# ends in 1 (Examples of compatible hubs: M1-121, M1-221, M1-321) they'll send out a kit free of charge, if it ends in a 0 then the wheel must be sent in to Easton for a Hub Replacement which is free other than shipping to Easton. I'm having a set of Havens sent to me as we speak and the shipping through fedex was only $30.00 so not too bad and hopefully I'll get the wheels that just need the kit.