mtbr member

Easton Haven or something else ?

I know the Havens have had hub problems. I have been offered a very good deal on a 2010 set brand new. Was this a bad year for the havens ? if I had issues with the hubs would easton take care of me ? What other wheels would you recommend ? I want to run bigger tires without too much of a weight penalty. Currently on Easton EA90XC wheels which have held up well. Not looking to spend more than around $600. thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Easton has re-designed the hub and also offered a free of charge upgrade on the earlier sets to the original owner. You must buy them from a retailer and have a receipt to get the upgrade. I bought a set of 2011 Havens not too long ago and didn't have any issues with them but sent the rear wheel in anyway to get the upgrade. In my case I had the M1-120 rear hub so I had to send the entire wheel in so they could replace the whole hub assembly but on the later M1-121, M1-221, & M1-321 rear hubs they will simply send you a bearing kit to fix the issue. I think the wheels were an awesome deal for me and you as well at that price because they not only get a lot of looks but are very light, strong, and true tubeless (no tape). I'm a 225lb rider and they have taken a lot of abuse from me and still ride/look new. I bought mine from Pricepoint and they still have the 2011's for $579.00 a set in black or magnesium with free shipping and Easton will honor the upgrade. If you should decide on a set, keep one of the boxes just in case you get one with the M1-120 hub like me and have to send the wheel in for service. I sent mine via FedEx ground for $18.00 and Easton picks up the bill from there. I will report back when I get the wheel back from Easton, I just sent it off the other day.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey fishercat, I sent you a pm with a link to the wheels. I also assumed that you were looking for 29er wheels? If you have 26's they only have the front in stock.