mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Easton Haven Converting 12x142mm Thru Axel to standard QR (what do I need?)

Hello,

I just got a good deal on a pair of Easton Haven wheels that I would like to fit to the other half's bike.

The Easton rear wheel hub only accepts 12x142 Thru Axel but her bike runs standard QR on the rear

Please can anyone advise if the hub end caps can be changed or can I go with something else? I was looking at the Sun Ringle Rear Conversion Kit but it is for 135x12mm so I assume it won't work for me?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ow!
    You will need to go through a shop that will order the kit from Easton. The kit includes a new axle and end caps. It only costs about $35.

Make certain you have the newest version hub (I think 121). If 142 was available on the old version, you may not be able to convert.

Also, search this forum. Lots of discussion on these hubs, include adjustment and maintenance needs.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Easton Haven Converting 12x142mm Thru Axel to standard QR (what do I need?)

Yes it must be the m1-121 hub.

If easton still has them, get the bearing spacer upgrade while you're at it. But, don't install it til your first bearings die.
    ------------------------------------------------
    They're justified and they're ancient and they like to roam the land

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    Yes it must be the m1-121 hub.

If easton still has them, get the bearing spacer upgrade while you're at it. But, don't install it til your first bearings die.
    The hub is a M1-121 so thats good, one other thing I have noticed is I offered the Easton Wheel up to the rear drop outs on her frame and the hub seems to wide so won't fit between the drop outs!!

The bike I am trying to fit them to is a 2012 Specialized Enduro Comp, at the moment it has Wheels with Hope Pro II hubs with a standard QR fitted.

I have found a shop that stocks the parts for the M1-121 hub, would this be what I need?

Easton Rear Driveside End Cap for M1 Hub - 4.99

This says "Rear Driveside End Cap For M1 Hub" but I can't find the end cap for the non drive side! would they both be the same?