mtbr member

DT Swiss Star Ratchet

Does anyone know if you can get the upgraded 36t start ratchet for the 350 hub?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yes you can...

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Yes...same one that works with the 240
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

mtbr member
    Have you guys actually done it? Someone just told me that the star ratchets are slightly different from the 240s

mtbr member
    Takes about 10 minutes to do. Buy the stars and grease combo. Yea it's $20 for the grease, but you'll have it for YEARS. I did mine 4/11, have serviced them 4-5 times and still have 3/4 left.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    Takes about 10 minutes to do. Buy the stars and grease combo. Yea it's $20 for the grease, but you'll have it for YEARS. I did mine 4/11, have serviced them 4-5 times and still have 3/4 left.

Do you have to use dt Swiss grease or will white lithium work?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Do you have to use dt Swiss grease or will white lithium work?
    I don't think white lithium would be a good choice. The DT is molycote tp42, a high pressure slide grease.

I sure someone will chime in with a more informed answer, but there is a very long thread about the subject if you want to look onto it.

I've used a variety of greases in my DT hubs over the years. It's low speed and low temp in a relatively clean environment, so it's not a big deal. You need to worry about getting too much grease, regardless of the type, that will make the movement of the ratchets sluggish. If you go overboard with the application of the grease, regardless of type, you'll create problems.

Only the most recent 350's will accept the 36 tooth ratchet. Older models will not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    Have you guys actually done it? Someone just told me that the star ratchets are slightly different from the 240s
    Just did it with my 350 this week. Uses the same star ratchets.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    I've used a variety of greases in my DT hubs over the years. It's low speed and low temp in a relatively clean environment, so it's not a big deal. You need to worry about getting too much grease, regardless of the type, that will make the movement of the ratchets sluggish. If you go overboard with the application of the grease, regardless of type, you'll create problems.

Only the most recent 350's will accept the 36 tooth ratchet. Older models will not.
    I used triflow in to mine, should i worry?

I think that triflow or oil is a little light and would require more frequent servicing to ensure long term reliability. A light grease would be better.