mtbr member

DT Swiss 340 disc rear hub

Don't know if this belongs in this forum but does anyone have any information regarding the DT Swiss 340 disc rear hub? I just bought this hub brand new on ebay and it was described as having 24 holes. I looked it up on the DT Swiss website and all the information they have is on the 32 hole. Will this hub be strong enough for all mountain riding?

Thanks in advance.

wants a taco
    the hubs are defintally strong enough for all mountain. some guys around here even use them for a light dh hub.

Why would you buy a 24 hole rear hub for all mountain riding? What wheel were you going to build?

Maybe the seller doesn't know what he had; other than 32h I only saw a 28h front radial hub on the DT 340 pages...funny they don't offer a 36h.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

wants a taco
    missed the 24 hole part, do you already have the hub in person? if so just count the holes because most ebay sellers are retarded and it doesnt look like they make that hub in a 24 hole pattern

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Absolutely the same problem here!!! Have you already received the hub? I didn't notice the 24H spec in the description... As of today the word is PANIC LOL. In case the seller is right and the hub really has 24H, are there any rims for that purpose? I weight 95kilos (210lbs) will a 24 spokes setup last?

mtbr member
    Unfortunately I already have the hub and it is sitting in a box. I don't know if there are any rims for that purpose. I'm feeling like I just waisted money.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roach666
    Unfortunately I already have the hub and it is sitting in a box. I don't know if there are any rims for that purpose. I'm feeling like I just waisted money.
    As a part of my research, I saw some replacement mavic crossride 06 rims. If I buy those, will I be able to use them with a DT 340 24H hub?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Those hubs were probably custom made for Cannondale. Check out the specs on all the XC bikes at www.cannondale.com. Most of them use 24 spoke, front and rear. I don't know any Cannondale riders that complain their wheels aren't holding up. Plus, Cannondale tests the crap out of all the components they spec, so I'll bet the hubs are more than adequate. The only problem of course, is finding a 24H rim. They exist for sure, Cannondale has them custom made for them. Don't know how you'll come across one though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a 07 Mavic crossland wheelset with 24 spokes. Crappy rear hub. But the rims are quite tough. And they are UST. They should work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    As a matter of fact, I saw 24h rims from SUN:
    http://www.sun-ringle.com/contentpages/mtb/rims/xc.php5
    Equalizer 21 and UFO are listed as 24h, BUT I have not come across a single shop that has them
    One local shop has replacement rims for mavic crossride '06. I am not sure, if those can be laced to the DT hub...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My 2006 Cannondale F2000sl came stock with 24h dt Swiss 340 rear, laced to a Mavic 819.

So....you should be able to find an 819 rim without too much trouble.

I cracked both my rim and the hub itself. The hub cracked on the flange at an eyelet. Both had over 12,000 miles on them before they died)

I bought a replacement about 2 months ago from a guy on Ebay selling 24h 340's for $40! Not bad.

Only reason I found this thread was through the search function looking for info on Crossrides. Had a spoke pull through my rear rim on my crossride. Sucks.