Thread: DT 440 FR Hubs

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec

DT 440 FR Hubs

Opinions on these? I've heard some good/bad reviews but most of the bad are older versions, anyone running these?

I've got a set on the way coupled with 823s.

Cheers

Derek
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member

THe DT 440 is a great hub

I have a few of them and love them. Never had an issue with them I actually was rebuilding a wheel set as (the rims where toast) and dropped the 440 hub which cracked the flange. I called up DT and they sent me a new hub for free. That cracked hub was three years old and was working perfectly before I dropped it on a cement floor. DT stands behind the customer. If I was going to buy more DH hubs DT 440's would be it.

1:18
    Using it for few years now. Perfect. Relatively light for it's strength, easily home serviceable and very durable. Can be converted to thru axle with RWS. The older Hugi FR versions had some shell problems, mine had broken flange but was quickly replaced, their CS is beyond. For me the only downside is engagement, would like to have more than just 18 engmnt points.

househusband
    Have a pair badged as Magura Freeride hubs. Only minor disadvantage is the special tool you need to get at the rear drive-side bearing if/when you come to replace it.