mtbr member

DT 340 rear hub convertable to 10mm thru axle?

Anyone know if this is possible from a standard quick release? I did a search, but didn't come up with anything.

I was looking for how easy it is, part numbers I might need, and maybe a cost? If it works I would run a Hadley 10mm axle or the DT RWS.

Thanks!

TJT
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Bump.

I believe it is possible, but I'm also keen to hear specific details...

mtbr member
    According the guy I spoke to last week at DT none of the 340 hubs are convertable. The 240 and 440 are.

Boyeeee
    It looks like there is a dedicated 340 10mm hub, so there should be a conversion somewhere.

Here's some correspondence I've had with SpeedGoat regarding converting a 440:
    ----------------
    Hi,

Orders has let me know that nearly all of the small parts you've ordered are now backordered at all DT suppliers, so we're stuck waiting for them to make more.

DT Swiss has this to say:

Yes, in order to convert a 440 135x12mm to 135x10mm RWS he has two options….

1. changing the end caps- DT part # lbhdnx001803
    2. or changing the end caps and install a beefier axle- DT# lbhfxx001485
    3. Also need to purchase the 10mm RWS

Looks like the best option would be that special full kit, thing, which is in stock in limited quantities at one of our DT suppliers currently, and can be ordered here:

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=128830

Hope this helps, and please contact orders@speedgoat.com if you have any questions about your pending order.

Chris

Speedgoat Tech
    tech@speedgoat.com

PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PRIOR CORRESPONDENCE WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL
    Hi,

Orders has let me know that nearly all of the small parts you've ordered are now backordered at all DT suppliers, so we're stuck waiting for them to make more.

DT Swiss has this to say:

Yes, in order to convert a 440 135x12mm to 135x10mm RWS he has two options….

1. changing the end caps- DT part # lbhdnx001803
    2. or changing the end caps and install a beefier axle- DT# lbhfxx001485
    3. Also need to purchase the 10mm RWS

Looks like the best option would be that special full kit, thing, which is in stock in limited quantities at one of our DT suppliers currently, and can be ordered here:

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=128830

Hope this helps, and please contact orders@speedgoat.com if you have any questions about your pending order.

Chris

Speedgoat Tech
    tech@speedgoat.com

PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PRIOR CORRESPONDENCE WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL
    ----------------

SpeedGoat was really good about answering my questions regarding converting an old Hugi 240 (pre-240s) hubset and was great about getting me the parts when I did order them; highly recommended.

Boyeeee
    Looking through the 340 manual, you need these parts (assuming you're running a 135mm axle):
    HWAXXX00S1803S - left side adapter
    HCCXXX00N1045S - axle
    HWAXXX00S1830S - right side adapter.

There is no mention of a "kit" that has all the parts like the 440 manual does but I'm not sure if this is significant or not. You should be able to order the parts separately.

Got A Lust for Life...
    I called them with the same question and the answer is no. It seems like you can...but you cannot.
    I am immune to your disdain.

Boyeeee
    That sucks.