VooDoo user.

DS28 vs 5.1d vs Velocity blunt 26

Opinions needed.

Ds28 28mm wide 545 gm
    5.1d.27.5mm wide 500gm
    Blunt 28mm wide 420gm (I think)

Anyone have any time on these?
    I've had time on the 5.1's and they are quite soft. Good thing about them is you can bend them back to an extent.

Kinda feel the Syncros may be the burliest of the 3 and I question the strength of the Blunts.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    not sure if the weight is accurate for the Blunts but boy if it is, thats horribly pathetic for a 28mm rim and cannot be a good thing

I have owned 5.1s and 2 sets of DS28s and while i have no data to support it, i do think the DS28s are way better. However, if you want tubeless, my "guess" is that the 5.1s may work better...dunno for sure as i dont run tubeless on most of my bikes.

I have not owned the 26er version of Blunts but did own the 29er version and like them ok except the tires seemed way too easy to get on an off to make me feel real comfortable - not sure if analagous with 26er versions

The only interesting thing you just need to be aware if you are not is that with the DS28s the rim is SO TALL (which is b!tchin), that you really wont want normal stem length tubes...you will want to get some 48mm stem length tubes which is no big deal, just a heads up

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    ^^ It's probably accurate. My Blunt 650B rim weighs an actual 458grams on my scale, so a 26" equivalent is probably the stated 420g. The weight difference is most likely from the use of eyelets in the syncros and dt rims, whereas the blunts as only drilled.