Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Dear Kenda, get a clue, 26er wheels are on the way out

Dear Kenda:

I don't know if you have been living under a rock for the past 5 years, but you really should start making a lot more options for 29 inch wheels... and a lot less options for 26 inch wheels...

You are basically making me look elsewhere for tires...

I am not fan of the small block 8's and the nevegal is just too heavy... Although the nevegal is the grippiest tire I have ever used...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sounds like a good idea considering there are so many 29er tire choices available.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Took off my Kenda Small Block 8s on my Cannondale 29er and replaced with Maxxis Ardent. Couldn't be happier! When I originally was looking to get rid of the SB8 (horrible traction), I looked into Kenda but was very disappointed in their selection for 29er tires as well. I thought about a Slant 6 temporarily, but the Ardent was reviewed very favorably so I just went for it. Maxxis rocks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    Dear Kenda:

I don't know if you have been living under a rock for the past 5 years, but you really should start making a lot more options for 29 inch wheels... and a lot less options for 26 inch wheels...

I am not fan of the small block 8's and the nevegal is just too heavy... Although the nevegal is the grippiest tire I have ever used...
    Yup,
    Too bad Kenda does not make, or have plans to offer 29" versions of the Karma, Slant 6, Happy Medium, H-Factor, Klimax, Kommando, or 24Seven.

Oh, wait..they DO!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Dusto
    They are not on the way out. They just aren't popular with regular sized mtn riders. What about kid's sizes? And I still will need tires for my Big Dummy!

Suckin wind like a boss
    clearly a case of niner fanboy.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mtbr member
    Most bikes out there are 26ers.

I moved away from kenda a couple years ago, and ive been much happier with every other tire ive used.

Suckin wind like a boss
    im rolling nevegals with tubes right now, because they were free. going tubeless with ignitors next week, because it was cheap. my nevegals are replacements for velociraptors so yeah, i like them tons more. the ignitors will be yet another big step; whether its in a direction i like or not, we shall see.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Yup,
    Too bad Kenda does not make, or have plans to offer 29" versions of the Karma, Slant 6, Happy Medium, H-Factor, Klimax, Kommando, or 24Seven.

Oh, wait..they DO!
    The OP has a point. "Plans to offer..." doesn't count.

So you have the Nevegal, Karma, Small Block 8, Slant 6, Happy Medium, Klimax Lite, and Kozmik Lite. Not much there I'd be interested in. I can't believe they are still producing tires that start with a 'K'...
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post

I like my 26'er, and I LOVE my Nevegals! Who cares if they weigh a little more? What good is a lighter tire if you're slipping all over the place with it?

A little extra weight is a small price to pay for great traction.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I like my 26er too -- went to the swap at Trexlertown, PA today and had multiple folks selling only 9er tires. ALARMING.

no trees are safe
    Actually most bikes sold in Europe are still 26"

artistic...
    I love 26ers and hate driving a bus, i mean riding 29ers.
    I will only ride continental tires.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    Actually most bikes sold in Europe are still 26"
    I cant understand why, especially considering the average height of most euros... but then again the USA is still not using the metric system... That is a much greater head scratcher..
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    26ers are only out for those people that can't ride a mountain bike properly, or for those who would rather be on a road bike. The real riders among us prefer to be able to pump and flow a trail, while enjoying the challenge a trail provides.

P.S. Moxbon, you're a d!ck. Go away.

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    im rolling nevegals with tubes right now, because they were free. going tubeless with ignitors next week, because it was cheap. my nevegals are replacements for velociraptors so yeah, i like them tons more. the ignitors will be yet another big step; whether its in a direction i like or not, we shall see.
    Do you race in Nevegals, too? If so, huge kudos man!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    26ers are only out for those people that can't ride a mountain bike properly, or for those who would rather be on a road bike. The real riders among us prefer to be able to pump and flow a trail, while enjoying the challenge a trail provides.

What a load of BS.

Dec 2011

This just shows you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

likes bicycles

There's one valid point here. You're a D bag.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You can disagree with me all you want, but that doesn't make me a "D bag". I've ridden a few 29ers, and they just aren't as much fun to pump a trail, pop off lips, and throw around. You know, the stuff that makes mountain biking fun and different from road biking. Anyways, I stand by my statement. People that ride 29ers are trying to make the trail easier to ride, and what's the point in that? I'll wait for an answer, but it's as simple as that.

20 years in the woods
    Feb 2008

I'm pretty sure there's a number upside down on this statement
    Gajas what?

Dissolved member
    You can disagree with me all you want, but that doesn't make me a "D bag". I've ridden a few 29ers, and they just aren't as much fun to pump a trail, pop off lips, and throw around. You know, the stuff that makes mountain biking fun and different from road biking. Anyways, I stand by my statement. People that ride 29ers are trying to make the trail easier to ride, and what's the point in that? I'll wait for an answer, but it's as simple as that.
    You make some sweeping judgments in your comments, hence the D-bag comments. They are not about disagreement but about you being a dick.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You need to re-read your post then, because you said that people who ride 26'ers can't ride properly. Which is it that you hate, 26'ers or 29'ers? (Not that it matters). You know, if I wasn't 5'7" and had a few thousand dollars laying around I might buy a 29'er but I will probably keep riding a 26'er because that's what seems to work for me.

likes bicycles
    I agree 29ers are not fun as described here. That's why I ride a 26. No everyone enjoys that style of riding, hence the benefit of bigger wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Wow. I definitely meant to type 29ers in my original post. That's embarrassing... Flame away!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast